Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep...can you imagine if we had 5-10 Mincey types instead of 1?...just Mincey pulling this 💩 is irritating as hell.

I would say once the HS guys can start being dependent on to take spots down the road...that disruptive greedy me-first guys like Mincey even getting on our team will become extremely rare.

It is abundantly obvious that our staff does not like dealing with these type of dudes on the roster.
And yet we have fans screaming to go after every one in the portal.

I’ll admit I’m not a sophisticated enough football brain to get too far in the weeds on all of the chess match that goes on, but it seems evident to me that Heupel is an offensive genius. At the end of the day, it’s about creating space for the guy with the ball, and Heupel is a magician at doing that. Always has been.

If you can get a Jalin Hyatt running wide open behind everybody, you take it every time. But if you can spread people out and get Jaylen Wright 7.4 yards on every handoff, you do that too.

It’s always going to be tougher sledding when you go up against a UGA or Bama, who also have not only great schematic coaches but also loads of analysts to help game plan (especially for games against guys like Heupel), and by the way, absolutely loaded rosters.

You’re not going to win every time, but I’m more convinced than ever that we will be very happy (or should be) with Heupel + the right QB + a good enough roster everywhere else.
The difference with them is that they have tons of speed. Heup's offense with the right personnel and execution even they won't stop it.

Reactions: hooter vol
The defense is no better than the day Banks got here, regardless of what metrics you point to. The d line is better. What's our best win?
You're high. Forget best win, we don't have the bad losses any more. The road loss to Florida is a bump in the road compared to the trainwreck home loss to Georgia State. This team is leaps better than those teams, defense included. Now stop and you won't have to change your screen name next year.

And yet we have fans screaming to go after every one in the portal.
I wouldn't say everyone. But we don't pursue top tier guys from the portal. That's becoming more and more obvious. Not saying the guys we get won't be good, but we don't seem to be looking for great. I just hope their strategy leads to championships.

You're high. Forget best win, we don't have the bad losses any more. The road loss to Florida is a bump in the road compared to the trainwreck home loss to Georgia State. This team is leaps better than those teams, defense included. Now stop and you won't have to change your screen name next year.
I'm even in the "who cares?" camp. With a QB who clearly limited our offensive production we limped to 9-4. I fully believe 10+ wins will be the standard going forward and I'm happy with that. The natty or bust crowd will spend their entire life pining for something that may never happen and for which they have no control. Meanwhile I'll take my happy a$$ to Neyland knowing that I won't see another DooButchPoot coached train wreck, and fully expecting to beat UA/UGA/UF a decent percentage of the time. Being perpetually unhappy that Heup doesn't appear to understand that our defense could be so much better with a different DC just doesn't factor in my world right now.

I wouldn't say everyone. But we don't pursue top tier guys from the portal. That's becoming more and more obvious. Not saying the guys we get won't be good, but we don't seem to be looking for great. I just hope their strategy leads to championships.
Staes was the #1 TE in the portal, was he not?

Offensive Line Portal Wheels are turning.................................Look towards Kansas and the Carolina's for a couple options we are heavy on!
yeah that UNC tackle visited when the last staff recruited him, correct?

think if we get him for a visit we got him

No bad losses? And then you point out Florida? Who's high?

Reactions: VolNash17
Mincey always wants something-- a different position, guaranteed starting spot, more of this and more of that. UT just went through the dance with him... again. Either he's happy with what he agreed to or he'll green grass it elsewhere. Even with Mincey onboard, the most experienced backup is Dayne Davis.
I thought the latest was they went through the dance and it was settled and he was kool with it and coming back.

Now seems everyone thinks he hits the portal.

My two cents on it.
UT needs to do what it takes to get a couple of starting OL from the portal, period.

Mincey- never satisfied, always.
Let him go.
I repeat- Do what it takes!!! Even if doesn’t line up with SOP.
Protect the franchise player!

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back