Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it sucks. Getting paid openly vs bag men. Free agency didn’t ruin the NFL and it won’t this game either. Market never pays more than it can.
I said NIL was great and everyone has a freaking stroke, wasn't a smart ass post lol..

Carry on sir..

Reactions: Orange.
I wouldn't say everyone. But we don't pursue top tier guys from the portal. That's becoming more and more obvious. Not saying the guys we get won't be good, but we don't seem to be looking for great. I just hope their strategy leads to championships.
Brazzell and Staes both say wth.

@LA Vol and @BigSteve09 have already spelled out we don't target guys looking to get overpaid. That is vastly different than we don't target top tier recruits. Context is murdering some of these arguments.

So tired of ppl complaining about NIL. Do we really wanna go back to paying under the table again? Teams like Bama thrived the most doing that yet we still have fans on here who moan and complain everyday lol
Wasn't complaining read previous post ...once again carry on ....have a good evening...

The team press pool baited him. I could tell that immediately from the clickbait-iest edit, with no other information yet available. I'm guessing the reporters made more than one attempt until they got the clip they wanted. If what you read included the questions, I would like to read it.

He shouldn't fall for it. It seems to say much more about the Titans press pool. How can the people covering the Titans locally incite antagonism of Vols fans and think it is clever? Dumb af.

And look how the dumbass KY KSR is egging this on. What dumbasses they are. Will Levis tells Vol fans to "stay on that hill" if they don't like that he's a Wildcat. They pick out the inflammatory out-of-context bit and add "Go Levis for saying it, and Go Cats." Stupid af.
Well, they apparently got you to read at least one story already, and you're apparently looking for a full version with the text of the questions from the press. I would say you're helping them meet their goal: clicks.

I said NIL was great and everyone has a freaking stroke, wasn't a smart ass post lol..

Carry on sir..
Seemed smarmy…
120d407a-a57c-4f27-a835-2f14620b54d7_text.gif

So you think it is a strategy to get a top tier TE, but not any other top tier position group? That's a stretch. The far more logical explanation is that none of the top tiered players fit our recruiting profile.

I guess it depends on how you define great. To me great is consistently being in the discussion for winning the SEC or going to the playoffs. Great is no longer being the national punch line. Great is packing Neyland. Great is winning some big games. If that also includes winning a NC, fine, but I won't make that a gating item to my enjoyment.

I was in Tempe in '98. It was nice. But the pain of the years following was far greater than the joy of winning that one game, and I will never again make winning that game my focus. If I had to choose between the past we had (winning in '98 and then sucking for 2 decades) vs winning 9-11 games per year and never winning the championship, I would gladly take the latter. I probably would have chosen the NC when I was younger, but I have come to realize what makes me happier is consistent competence.
This is 100% EXACTLY how I feel...three years ago I swore I would be thankful just to have a consistently good 8-9 win program that could at least compete for titles occasionally.

I will never understand people who lived through that nightmare just bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch...how in the hell do you not remember that pure hopelessness? I actually believed what LWS had been saying for the last 13 years...that Tennessee was done forever as a national power, that the program was utterly doomed....and then Josh took a team of rejects and busts, and miraculously created a NC level team out of it...I'll be damned if I bitch now.

Impatient ungrateful people f'n suck...🤬

I just hope their strategy leads to having consistently good teams every year that can compete with anybody.

The 15 years of hell changed my perspective forever. I don't understand how everyone has forgotten the absolute 💩hoke of a program we had before Heupel...I just wanted a consistently good team and it seems everybody else is "championship or bust"
And I don't understand how many fans have forgotten we are a great and storied college football program and can be again.

Reactions: voltn21 and Vols4us
If Tate would portal to replace Mincey that would be fabulous.
I have no way of knowing this, but he’s been playing OG and at the next level it seems that’s where he’s projected. If he wanted to fill the vacancy at LG?

Reactions: JacketVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back