Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm even in the "who cares?" camp. With a QB who clearly limited our offensive production we limped to 9-4. I fully believe 10+ wins will be the standard going forward and I'm happy with that. The natty or bust crowd will spend their entire life pining for something that may never happen and for which they have no control. Meanwhile I'll take my happy a$$ to Neyland knowing that I won't see another DooButchPoot coached train wreck, and fully expecting to beat UA/UGA/UF a decent percentage of the time. Being perpetually unhappy that Heup doesn't appear to understand that our defense could be so much better with a different DC just doesn't factor in my world right now.
Yep

This is 100% EXACTLY how I feel...three years ago I swore I would be thankful just to have a consistently good 8-9 win program that could at least compete for titles occasionally.

I will never understand people who lived through that nightmare just bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch...how in the hell do you not remember that pure hopelessness? I actually believed what LWS had been saying for the last 13 years...that Tennessee was done forever as a national power, that the program was utterly doomed....and then Josh took a team of rejects and busts, and miraculously created a NC level team out of it...I'll be damned if I bitch now.

Impatient ungrateful people f'n suck...🤬
I don’t understand how they got there this fast. I remember thinking when he was hired that I was just going to be happy that we could have an exciting offense to watch and maybe we could win some games to get to bowls the next decade.

That would be very unfair to a lot of schools and create a lot of haves and have-nots. The schools negatively affected would be ones that a lot of people would not expect. Private schools would be all on board. Public schools would be in a weird situation.

Reactions: SmokinBob
It'll never be like it was. The conference is too competitive now. It's a big reason I've hated continually adding programs of high stature. Just gets harder and harder.
And yet Bama and Georgia have dominated. I've heard of long-term Covid, this idea that we should be happy never winning a championship must be long-term BVS.

Don't have a clue what you're talking about..

I'm focused on the game next this week..

Reactions: knoxvol52
And yet Bama and Georgia have dominated. I've heard of long-term Covid, this idea that we should be happy never winning a championship must be long-term BVS.
I'm not saying never, but we have 2 consensus national titles in 130 years of playing football, so I'm just saying this 'natty or bust' mentality is not really warranted or conducive to enjoying the Vols.

Originally from Alcoa. Moved to GA after Middle School.

After the hate he's gotten I don't blame him. I am not sure how I feel about it all though. He reminds me of JG. Yes he was making those mistakes all season (bad snaps at center) why was he still starting? They didn't have anyone better. I know for a bama fan and most football fans it seems insane that they didn't have a 5 star behind him. But as much as I hate Saban I trust he put the best guy he had on the field. IF someone else was showing they could be better they would have been playing. Center is not a position anyone can play.

Reactions: hooter vol
Eh, just someone wanting his job.

The American Way, throw him under the bus to get him fired, maybe he will go to Commanders.

Reactions: Orangeburst
After the hate he's gotten I don't blame him. I am not sure how I feel about it all though. He reminds me of JG. Yes he was making those mistakes all season (bad snaps at center) why was he still starting? They didn't have anyone better. I know for a bama fan and most football fans it seems insane that they didn't have a 5 star behind him. But as much as I hate Saban I trust he put the best guy he had on the field. IF someone else was showing they could be better they would have been playing. Center is not a position anyone can play.
I'd try him at guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back