Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we didnt have such a glaring need at OT, I wouldnt even waste time farting here.

This could get ugly in 2024
Nah. Get a guy who will give you more than half a season at the position and you're ahead of the game. Mincey can take his fat, over rated backside and head to UTC or Ole Miss. Couldn't care less.

It'll never be like it was. The conference is too competitive now. It's a big reason I've hated continually adding programs of high stature. Just gets harder and harder.
Define the time period you're referencing in "like it was". I'm guessing you're referencing the 90's, but we usually finished 2nd in the SEC East in the 90's. The conference wasn't nearly as strong from top to bottom back then either (even before the additions of Oklahoma and Texas).

Reactions: butchna
So the radio guys said tomorrow is the last day Tennessee players can enter the portal, but if the rule is 5 days after their last game, wouldn't it be Saturday? I would think Saturday should be the last day anyone but Michigan, Washington, and grad transfers can enter.

Reactions: hooter vol
Define the time period you're referencing in "like it was". I'm guessing you're referencing the 90's, but we usually finished 2nd in the SEC East in the 90's. The conference wasn't nearly as strong from top to bottom back then either (even before the additions of Oklahoma and Texas).
Finishing 2nd in the East in the 90s meant you were the 2nd best SEC team.

Alway smell RAT when vermin convenes.
Saban is desperate to re-rig college football. He needs some limits that he can break with impunity while his rivals are unfairly made examples of. For two years he has been lying that NIL will "destroy parity." WTF. Bama and Georgia are sitting home, even after the racketeering Birmingham office rigged officiating all year long to criminally put Saban in the playoffs without merit. 😂

That would be very unfair to a lot of schools and create a lot of haves and have-nots. The schools negatively affected would be ones that a lot of people would not expect. Private schools would be all on board. Public schools would be in a weird situation.
I think haves and have nots is inevitable. These are some of the greediest people on earth.

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back