Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the radio guys said tomorrow is the last day Tennessee players can enter the portal, but if the rule is 5 days after their last game, wouldn't it be Saturday? I would think Saturday should be the last day anyone but Michigan, Washington, and grad transfers can enter.
I believe it's 5 business days.

One bright note: I think that Bama loses the demographics battle and will fade into obscurity after Saban retires.
Alabama is fading now, IMO. Not into obscurity yet because they still have the most talent, but very unlikely a younger Saban would have lost to this Michigan team in a playoff game. Their talent level will start to suffer the longer he stays. Time is the destroyer and Saban's in its wheelhouse. Mack Brown, age 72, is his only senior peer in a position that requires extreme physical and mental energy to be successful.

Point is my stoned friend is that as bad as the Florida loss was, pre-Heup we had at least two a year that were light years worse.
I'd say we had two this year. Mizzou while good should never embarrass the Vols. Florida was a catastrophe.

I'm not complaining about Heupel or the team in general. Banks will.never field a defense that will be championship level. Never.

About time.

Now or later, contracts will be the answer.

Can't see any other atp
I didn’t read the images, but contracts would make them employees, no? So with that also comes things like health insurance, retirement benefits, etc. So in reality, allowing colleges to pay directly opens up a huge can of worms that I don’t think we as average fans will like. I mean you think tickets are expensive now, just wait.

That’s what I’m saying…he’s acting like he’s some kind of 5* recruit making demands..but he knows we lack depth on the OL.
Hence his selfish prick actions. Send the message until they get it. He knows it hurts and was given a fair offer but wants to take advantage. Will be fighting him the entire time if he comes back. Got to replace guys like him.

And I don't understand how many fans have forgotten we are a great and storied college football program and can be again.
They do. They also remember how easy it is to lose footing. It is the age old how full is the glass debate. I think all the questions are well intended too. I think where the misses come for opposing viewpoints is with dealing only in absolutes. In fairness Fandom does not have to be rationale, and we are all entitled to our opinions.

Examples

We NEVER target top talent [the ones we did land don't count or aren't what i mean]
Banks has not improved the defense at all [I refuse to discuss statistics, metrics or obvious improvements to certain units]
Milton is garbage [I don't care what other units failed to do to help him he caused it]
NIL doesn't spend [current players don't count]

I'd say we had two this year. Mizzou while good should never embarrass the Vols. Florida was a catastrophe.

I'm not complaining about Heupel or the team in general. Banks will.never field a defense that will be championship level. Never.
I think we would have won a huge comeback victory (and changed the whole feeling about the year) in the second half at Florida, but the officiating cheated us at every turn. Spots. Kicking the ball to allow Florida to sub. No-call DPI (Thornton) and defensive holding (of Keyton). No-call face-mask on Joe's 2-pt conversion attempt. The alleged crack back block. It was constant at every crucial moment. I think that comeback would have been compared to the comeback at ND.

Last edited:
So A&M was.our best win?

Again, stats don't always tell the story.
The best "win" was we held our opponents to less points DESPITE a lackluster offense. We even won a game purely on defense. People keep saying what game has he won us. They won us one, but it sucks apparently too bad to count. I would just be happy knowing we all clearly understand you do not like Banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back