Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend that if you want dialog, you start representing opposing arguments with integrity as opposed to strawmen.

Otherwise, you can kick rocks.

Decide what kind of poster you want to be, and then we can answer the rest of your response. Or not. Either way.
Why don't you decide what kind of poster you want to be. I've made several arguments that you choose to ignore. Why can't you let posters have an opinion? I know what I see.

If you're on offense, you get to choose run/pass. If you're DC the offense gets to pick. You have to defend the pass, and you have to do it with what you have.

It's OK to blame coaches, and it's OK to blame players. This conversation is about which seemed most notably to be the problem on defense. It's not some sort of moral dilemma about placing blame. It's a rational discussion about what we saw.

We saw players that were not good at their job. That's pretty obvious.

Now, the next question is about coaches. Does it make sense to fire a coach if you haven't given them the tools they need to do what you've asked of them.

Opinions differ on that here.

That's OK. None of our opinions count.

It doesn't have to be melodrama.
So again it's not the coaching, it's the players. 🤣

holiday-classics-elf.gif

Don't do this to me like you did last year, LA. 😅
Next year. :p

When something isn't working, you change it up. He allows teams to keep doing what's working. If getting gutted, I'm doing something different. If I'm rushing 3 and dropping 8 and still getting abused, I'm changing it up. Banks has said they're going to have a defense that's aggressive. The defense is about as aggressive as postal clerks.

We were getting to the qb the first 2-3 games. I fully know that the refs started turning a blind eye to holding. In addition other teams started leaving an extra blocker in. Banks never changed things up. That was part of the reason our pass rush started to fall off. You've got 5 offensive lineman. If you leave another in to block, TE or RB, that means you have 6. If you rush 4 then 2 get double teamed. Makes it hard to get to the QB.

I heard Chavis speak one time. He said if they were leaving 5 in to block, he was sending 6. If they were leaving 6 in to block he was sending 7.

When I saw him give up a 4th and 30 or 40 to Will Levis at KY I just shook my head.

I know many give Willie grief on here. Those may be accurate but I'm not forming an opinion with this scheme.
Using postal clerks as an example of non aggression doesn't work. Have you never heard of "going postal" on someone?

Personally I prefer Heupel's method of not rocking the boat until/unless he has to.

Brian Kelly going scorched earth after back to back 10 win seasons in year 2 is a bad look IMO.
If Banks defense was performing like LSUs then we would all be wanting Banks gone…. They were close to Sunseri level.

Banks defense performing like LSUs and we would all be wanting Banks gone…. They were close to Sunseri level.
I agree he had to, but I also agree it's a bad look to have to do so so soon. If you can't field a competent D at LSU you need to check your credentials.

Last edited:
Reactions: KptVFL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back