Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nobody...that is one of the dumbest things that guy who says a LOT of dumb things has said.
Lol. Ok tough guy. Go back to your cave now. And if you don’t think follow the leader and rikberry posting all time about banks and saying once he has a few more players, blah blah… If that isn’t implying how great he is then I don’t know what is.

Just catching up.

Whew, there are so many Olinemen in the portal, no reason whatsoever that we cannot pick up 2 complete studs/upgrades... They are all over the portal. Will be interesting to see who we end up with... do we bargain shop again or pay up? Not sure Heup will want to be raked over the coals next season with an already Heisman hyped QB playing running for his life every other snap behind a below average Oline.
Judkins is not worth the money. No way he goes to GA either, they already are full at RB.

Bring me from the portal 2 Stud Olinemen, 2 stud DB/CBs, another experienced/solid/above average WR, and lets roll and go win some games next season.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
On the OL problem...Looking at the NFL, every year there are a lot of OL that nobody has heard of drafted from small schools...and looking at rosters, there are tons of dudes like that..

I think it would be a good strategy to really try and identify these guys and offer them the chance to move up and make some money.

Everybody wants the big names...but when it comes to OL there are a large amount of relative unknown nobodies at East Bum**** State University that can play big time ball.
There is a good one we should look at playing for South Harriman Institute of Technology.

holiday-classics-elf.gif

Don't do this to me like you did last year, LA. 😅

BJM will be the new DC. Whaddaya think about that?

Why don't you decide what kind of poster you want to be. I've made several arguments that you choose to ignore. Why can't you let posters have an opinion? I know what I see.
I've not once told anyone not to have an opinion. I've discussed why I disagree and why I believe opinions to be wrong.

What you have done is taken someone's explicit post (I think it's too early to judge) and changed it to a strawman as opposed to responding to it.

It's intellectual dishonesty.

So, I'm fine to continue discussing with you. Or not. If you're reduced to that, I'm more fine with not. I'll just ignore you and let you go about your business undisturbed.

Do you not remember “3rd and Chavis” because of the number of long 3rd down conversions that happened while he was dc. He benefited from a talent advantage. For the record, I haven’t been enthusiastic about Banks but I understand his method - limit big plays and force the opponent to drive the length of the field then rely on red zone defense. Will be interested to see if better athleticism allows more m2m. Our zone defense suffered from lack of awareness/reaction to the ball by both db and lbs

I know it was Iowa but we saw a lot of it from Gibson(I believe) in the bowl game... right?

Hoping that's a precursor of what's to come.

Good number of the OL that enter the portal seem to have spots lined up and committed pretty fast.

Also what's going on at Ole Miss...they have a lot of guys in the portal (Judkins not one of them as of yet...) Also they're bring in quite a few kids that were from TN in HS. Walter Nolen, Tamarion McDonald, Tyler Baron, & Key Lawrence?!

Wondering if he wants that social media buzz he gets when his name an "Vols" gets spinning together.

I am curious if we'll look at Cedrick Nicely...6'5" 310lbs that's leaving there he's got 3 years left. He might not be an instant contributor, but from the outside he fits the mold we typically like. Underrated guy who was dual sport in HS with the size and motivation to develop/play other spots.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
I mean points win games and Heupel built this sucker to be offense focused. Hard to blame the defense for Mizz or UGA when we scored so few. I could see a case for second half Bama.

More important this is a lot more fun discussion than a tirade on a man....
Were the Vols shutout? I mean if the defense hadn't let them score more we would have win correct? If it was the offense then was it coaching or we.throwing players under the bus?

Only 3 teams had a great defense in Power 5 conferences..
1. Georgia
2.Alabama.
3.Michigan

Well add FSU at full strength..

College Football has become all offense in most cases..

As in the NBA they play enough defense to win the game..
Disagree. Would add Ohio state, penn st and maybe texas and note dame to that list.

I would agree though that in todays football world it is harder to field a good defense than a good offense.

Do you not remember “3rd and Chavis” because of the number of long 3rd down conversions that happened while he was dc. He benefited from a talent advantage. For the record, I haven’t been enthusiastic about Banks but I understand his method - limit big plays and force the opponent to drive the length of the field then rely on red zone defense. Will be interested to see if better athleticism allows more m2m. Our zone defense suffered from lack of awareness/reaction to the ball by both db and lbs
I do remember 3rd and Chavis. And I guess the strategy of dying by 1000 cuts applies here. Plus he still gives up big plays. Maybe not 80 yard bombs but routine 3rd and 4th and 10+.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back