Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could watch this all day.
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

Only 3 teams had a great defense in Power 5 conferences..
1. Georgia
2.Alabama.
3.Michigan

Well add FSU at full strength..

College Football has become all offense in most cases..

As in the NBA they play enough defense to win the game..

Georgia's defense wasn't great. Inexperience and injuries in the front 7 made the run defense unpredictable and sometimes downright bad (see Auburn game). They sacrificed some qb pressure to help mitigate that problem. Secondary was very good though.

UT does not want to renegotiate deals with agreed-upon terms. The precedent is to not give in to ultimatums when terms have been set. This has happened recently with both players and recruits. The players that threatened portaled. The recruits either went elsewhere or came back to the terms and signed.

Roster management is difficult in the current landscape. UT doesn't have a problem because the staff has been clear and consistent. They took care of current players first, and they've honored their commitments. They expect the same and reward it. Deviating from that would cause problems. Players know what to expect and sending mixed messages would mess that up.
Sounds a lot like parenting, huh?

I've not once told anyone not to have an opinion. I've discussed why I disagree and why I believe opinions to be wrong.

What you have done is taken someone's explicit post (I think it's too early to judge) and changed it to a strawman as opposed to responding to it.

It's intellectual dishonesty.

So, I'm fine to continue discussing with you. Or not. If you're reduced to that, I'm more fine with not. I'll just ignore you and let you go about your business undisturbed.
It's not intellectually dishonest. I've watched the games. I asked for those to compare last years teams to this year's. All I get is according to pkyllbtqbbq statistics the vols defense scored a .1652346 in the quandary index,their opponents were ranked 33.676334 on the Ruggles metric. That means the vols defense was better on the plunger factor quota. Get your head out of your collective asses and compare our schedule to last year's. The only team that was probably better was Mizzou who skull dragged the team in embarrassing fashion.

Reactions: Volator
True. They go after versatile guys they can move around to create depth we really don't have. That mindset is more likely to come from move-up guys. The top-tier guys move for $$. Bringing in a big money guy is going to precipitate new demands from current guys. You can't let Mincey walk because he wants to renegotiate a bigger deal then bring in somebody new for big money. Guys are going to try and leverage that and you're backed into a corner you don't want to be in.
If a big deal can be offered to Jordan Seaton, why not a portal OL IF they are worth it?

It's not intellectually dishonest. I've watched the games. I asked for those to compare last years teams to this year's. All I get is according to pkyllbtqbbq statistics the vols defense scored a .1652346 in the quandary index,their opponents were ranked 33.676334 on the Ruggles metric. That means the vols defense was better on the plunger factor quota. Get your head out of your collective asses and compare our schedule to last year's. The only team that was probably better was Mizzou who skull dragged the team in embarrassing fashion.
WTH does that have to do with the fact that I posted that I saw player failures and consider that the staff has not had the tools they needed, so *I reserve judgment on the staff* and yet you built a strawman that I was arguing that the staff is good?

That is intellectually dishonest, or stupidity. (And you're not dumb, hombre.)

Reactions: jlawso21
How long you giving him? 4, 5, 6, 10 years? When is it not the players?
Yeah sometimes his play calls are questionable, but is he bad enough that you need to rant about how bad he is on the daily?

TN in 2021 ranked 90th in the country in total defense.

32nd two years later after getting better players. The defense played as well as it did without the complementary football it normally receives from the offense.

The trend is improvement. Probably gonna have a top 25 defense next year.

Its amazing how great everyone seems to think he is, yet no one is trying to poach him. And he is actively pursuing smaller head coaching jobs too and they aren’t taking him. I’d be willing to see what he does without Willie as he is awful, but it’s fascinating how everyone thinks he is a top flight DC.
I’ve not seen one person claim he’s a top tier DC. Most, like me, realize we just need ‘good’ to match up with our offense. In fact, our offensive philosophy of never winning time of possession makes the DC job far more difficult.

To me and judging him on a sliding scale, he’s the best DC we’ve had since Wilcox. We’ve had way worse, so I’m content with the job he’s doing.

How long you giving him? 4, 5, 6, 10 years? When is it not the players?
As I stated before, I'll continue discussion and answer your questions once you establish what kind of poster you want to be.

You can either answer, "Yah. I built a strawman. I completely misrepresented you. It was a ***ty way to try to have a discussion. My bad."

Or you can kick rocks.

I legitimately don't care much one way or the other. I used to consider you one of my favorite posters here. Now, I consider you... not so much. And it has little to do with the fact that we have differing opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back