Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say this year or next, we begin making some judgments.

Now, of course I frame my argument to fit my VIEW. (Again, why did you misrepresent it?) Everything doesn't have to be agenda and narrative. Is it for you? Is it just "narrative" or are we just legitimately discussing things as we see them?

And you've said more than you seem to want to admit. You've also said that you'll be calling for his job all season again, and keeping receipts for those who disagreed. "All you've said..."? You misrepresent everyone's arguments, even yours?

And again, if you understood my argument, why did you misrepresent it? Was it ignorance or dishonest?
I will absolutely call him out next year when he does the same stuff as the last three years. It's not simply enough for you and others to say I disagree, you have to try and beat your opinion into others. I kept my mouth shut during the season for the most part. I didn't bring it up again but I will respond when I'm brought in.

I think the argument has ran it's course. Some people think he's a fabulous DC and hope he stays forever. Some think it's all on the players and he needs the 85 bears to succeed. Some think he just needs a few more year. I've seen enough. I went through this same thing with every coach in the last 15 years. I knew onw year in that Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt wouldn't make it. You can ask @bignewt when he came to my house for lunch when he asked me about Pruitt, I told him then I wasn't worried about his recruiting (I knew he was a cheatin' sumbeach), but I wasn't sure he was a coach. Maybe it just takes longer for some. I said the same thing about pretty Holly which was very unpopular. Some will say I'm impatient, I don't think 3 years is being impatient.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I don't know that anyone can really do that these days with the evolution of offenses.

I only hope he fields a defense that doesn't lose us one. ;)
You don't have to stop the opponent 100% but you need a very good defense. If his philosophy is bend but don't break that hurts because of 2 things, 1. defense being on the field too long and getting worn out(which is magnified when you have a fast strike offense) and 2, you limit your offensive possessions.

I will absolutely call him out next year when he does the same stuff as the last three years. It's not simply enough for you and others to say I disagree, you have to try and beat your opinion into others. I kept my mouth shut during the season for the most part. I didn't bring it up again but I will respond when I'm brought in.

I think the argument has ran it's course. Some people think he's a fabulous DC and hope he stays forever. Some think it's all on the players and he needs the 85 bears to succeed. Some think he just needs a few more year. I've seen enough. I went through this same thing with every coach in the last 15 years. I knew onw year in that Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt wouldn't make it. You can ask @bignewt when he came to my house for lunch when he asked me about Pruitt, I told him then I wasn't worried about his recruiting (I knew he was a cheatin' sumbeach), but I wasn't sure he was a coach. Maybe it just takes longer for some. I said the same thing about pretty Holly which was very unpopular. Some will say I'm impatient, I don't think 3 years is being impatient.
Point out where I have tried to "beat" my opinion into you. I've pretty much just responded with opposing viewpoints at times. Hell, I literally posted today that these are all just opinions, and each of us are welcome to them.

That sounds a little bit like melodramatic lies. Speaking of such...

Why did you feel the need to misrepresent my argument? Was it ignorance or dishonesty?

Like ya man but literally NOONE has said this!

Interesting updates from AP: Baron is visiting another school (not UK), hopefully he drives Ole Miss crazy and/or gets them to pay more. Also, Bama was his original landing spot but he upped his number after he got in the portal and they turned him away.
I have an idea Barron is going to say to himself eventually, "What eff have I done?"

Then the next guy will be better until he's not.
When that happens...just please please please don't hire someone that will just take a giant Shoop on us...

I've seen bad...Banks ain't really good or great..so far...but he sure as f'n hell ain't bad...InVol just doesn't want to admit the difference.

I'll take mediocre over bad any day....there is NOTHING in the world of Vol football as hellishly painful as watching the f'n Commodewhores put up 40+ on our team...that's beyond bad..

Point out where I have tried to "beat" my opinion into you. I've pretty much just responded with opposing viewpoints at times. Hell, I literally posted today that these are all just opinions, and each of us are welcome to them.

That sounds a little bit like melodramatic lies. Speaking of such...

Why did you feel the need to misrepresent my argument? Was it ignorance or dishonesty?
Just ignore me dude. You responded to me. Like I've said it's run it's course. Have a good one.

Last year I would have given you the SC game too, but that also felt like a full team collapse.
We scored 38...that loss was all defense..I'm on your side of this argument as a whole, but that is a bad take bro.

I will say...there is the very real possibility that UM conspired with SC to cheat us...SC never had a game like that and Clemson before or after...so those results may have to thrown out the window

We scored 38...that loss was all defense..I'm on your side of this argument as a whole, but that is a bad take bro.

I will say...there is the very real possibility that UM conspired with SC to cheat us...SC never had a game like that and Clemson before or after...so those results may have to thrown out the window
I agree. I just mean what all of you alluded to which is something was off. I do lean they had our calls tbh. It was an odd performance.

It really makes you think why the hell SCAR wasn't able to carry over that positive momentum into 2023 after beating two top 10 teams.

...along with SC's douchebag of a head coach.

Go look at Springboks post from a little while ago.

Assume this one:

Banks is a darn good DC. I have no issues with him and hope he enjoys it here and finds the best spot he can in the future.

And when the time is right I hope we hire a great fit to replace him.

The statistical improvement the defense has shown in 3 years is very impressive.

I saw it. The only post I've seen in thousands of pages that comes anywhere close to this:

Some people think he's a fabulous DC and hope he stays forever

We'll just have to disagree on that.

I don't think he's great.... don't think he's awful. Next year will do a lot to my opinion on how I feel about him. We will find out a lot about how much is scheme and how much is talent, IMO. GBO!

The most infamous two words in Tennessee Football History.......MUSTANG PACKAGE.
View attachment 607572
I actually believe this is InVols massive problem with Banks...all of us that lived through 3rd and Chavis HATED HATED HATED the dreaded "Mustang Package"...sometimes what Banks does looks a lot like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back