Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amended complaint alleged that "text messages show that on occasion supervisors and coaches, in effect, encouraged recruiting staff to drink alcohol with football prospects' families-well aware that staffers would leave the events after consuming alcohol."

"Association coaches and staff regularly drank alcohol at UGA football Coach Kirby Smart's residence during recruiting events, and then, in Association SUVs, returned recruits' families and guests back to their lodging," the complaint said. "The Association and UGA coaches were well aware that involved alcohol, in Association SUVs."

I'm not overly concerned about any coach taking that job. Just glad Saban has left the building.

This. Regardless of who they land, it will be a massive downgrade walking into an impossible pressure cooker of expectations.

The fact that we've been as close to Bama in the last 2 years (won 2 years ago and was up 13 at the half this year) when they had an absurd talent advantage and the GOAT coaching, speaks volumes of where we are at, who our coach is, and where we are heading.

He has absolutely no ties to the southeast could easily be another Bryan Harsin situation like Auburn dealt with, it’s laughable to be afraid of that
Interesting how far these coaches fall after 'failing' at a destination like Auburn (or Florida).

Someone with a sub, share some deets, please. ESPN used fake names to secure Emmys for 'College GameDay' stars

ESPN is said to have lied and practiced fraud to crookedly "win" more than 30 Emmys. But you can trust their game coverage and "analysis." The Emmys has regularly given awards to fictitious people, so that shows how "based" the Emmys' research and evaluations are, to boot. Then ESPN changed the fake names on the fraudulent awards out for the names their crooked TV frontmen and gave the latter the trophies. I support there's a major effort to pretend the on-camera frauds didn't know the awards were fake.

Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 3.55.15 PM.png

Last edited:
This. Regardless of who they land, it will be a massive downgrade walking into an impossible pressure cooker of expectations.

The fact that we've been as close to Bama in the last 2 years (won 2 years ago and was up 13 at the half this year) when they had an absurd talent advantage and the GOAT coaching, speaks volumes of where we are at, who our coach is, and where we are heading.
Live photo of Bama football:

1705009963442.png

DeBoer is a good coach but I’m not sure he’d be a great fit for Bama. Have a feeling there would definitely be some personality clashes between him and TPTB over in Tuscaloosa. Then again, Saban wasn’t exactly a true southerner either...
you sound like you want bama to get a good coach LOL ... We want someone who won't be a good fit for them...

To all the people saying Bama will recruit itself.

Look at the Lady Vols......

It’s never been even close to the same since Pat. The program was able to recruit itself based on history for a few years but not anymore
Thats what will happen to Bama. They will live off their own fat for 2-3 years, maybe even win another title, and then fall back to something like UGA with Richt or slightly worse.

Last edited:
DeBoer is such a good coach though. Has won big at all levels. Turned around Washington in 2 years. Alabama will recruit itself.

Harsin had nowhere near the resume of KD
Wonder if he'd rather have the Michigan job? Everyone knows Harbaugh is leaving. Guessing there will be sanctions at some point though.

you sound like you want bama to get a good coach LOL ... We want someone who won't be a good fit for them...
I definitely do not want them to get a good coach. I hope they end up getting someone who sinks the program. I was just pointing out that DeBor IS a good coach. I’m not sure he’d be a good fit at Bama though (strictly due to having zero ties to the south), which would be more than fine with me. I’d prefer they not get him and he stay in Seattle.

Reactions: KptVFL
DeBoer is such a good coach though. Has won big at all levels. Turned around Washington in 2 years. Alabama will recruit itself.

Harsin had nowhere near the resume of KD
He has 4 years exp as a HC all west coast teams, this is the furthest thing from a home run hire. And no bama recruited itself when Saban was HC, players wanted to play for him they won’t go there at the same clip with Deboer as HC

Hearing from Ole Miss fans and boosters:

They are nervous about Kiffin. One person I know that’s a connected booster with OM believes he’s leaving.

Would be a major blow to OM

As y’all know, I am not an insider. Just passing along chatter. The only connection I have to this is that I use the same veterinarian as Jimmy Sexton
ClosetoJimmy’sCat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back