Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Finebaum wearing a black veil today?
It really has been bizarre. Started with Roman Harper crying and Dari Nowkhah speaking of Saban in the past tense. Multiple tributes and of course Pawl finds a way to make it about himself. I rarely watch but it has been fascinating. Spurrier is going to be on at 6 eastern.

Last edited:
Very very seldom watch Finebaum but switched on for a minute to see all the meltdown. Pathetic, fully expect to see him cry at any moment!

He had a segment about him as a young reporter covering Bear’s retirement and realized this azzhole has always been a bama fan!

He drools at the mention of Bear or Saban! Everyone forgets about bama between the end of Stallings to Saban. Sh*tshow!

Finebaum was talking about this few minutes ago. Said people at Bama have told him the WA coach reminds everyone of Brian Harsin.
Makes sense with the unfamiliarity angle…but they’re different people. Deboer appears to inspire loyalty from players and his assistants. Much more pleasant and seemingly efficient, appearance wise.

"ESPN’s punishment included the returning of the trophies, a one-year ban from the Emmys for senior leadership, along with two individuals, ESPN executive Craig Lazarus and former ESPN employee and “College GameDay executive Lee Fitting, being named ineligible for future Emmys. [How insignificant is that!]

“I think it was really crummy what they did to me and others [i.e., taking back their fraudulently obtained awards!!!😂],” ex-ESPN talent Shelley Smith, who had two fake Emmys taken away, told the outlet."

😂 😂 😂

So they sent they scapegoated Lee Fitting years later and sent him to ... wait for it... the WWE! The WWE comparison gets more interesting by the day. 😂
---

"In a statement, ESPN said: 'Some members of our team were clearly wrong in submitting certain names that may go back to 1997 in Emmy categories where they were not eligible for recognition or statuettes.'"

1997? Interesting year at ESPN. iykyk. Please say more about who got those first Emmys. And what does "may" mean? Were the 1997 Emmys corrupt or not?

Last edited:
Makes sense with the unfamiliarity angle…but they’re different people. Deboer appears to inspire loyalty from players and his assistants. Much more pleasant and seemingly efficient, appearance wise.
It was an interesting discussion. Pawl and others were saying he would have to bring in some SEC coaches for the connections and would have to leave some of his assistants behind. Is he willing to do that? With these Bamers, perception and reality can vary widely too....

I don't think we've seen the last of Nick Saban. Perhaps we've seen the last of Coach Saban, but I believe Nick Saban is going to get involved in bringing some order and parameters to modern day college football.

Reactions: yourstruly23
It was an interesting discussion. Pawl and others were saying he would have to bring in some SEC coaches for the connections and would have to leave some of his assistants behind. Is he willing to do that? With these Bamers, perception and reality can vary widely too....
IF it even gets to an interview, that ends quickly the first time his willingness to leave staff behind is broached imo.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Broadcasting? Saban is a soggy blanket with absolutely zero personality. He would be horrible at broadcasting.

Radio guys (no idea which show) were talking about him replacing Corso because frankly Corso needs to be replaced. They said no one would push him out but that Game Day needs someone to do what Lee *used* to do and while part of me would love to see Saban wearing mascot heads, I don't think that's the part they meant. They also said Saban has been the one Game Day has had in mind for that for years (don't know if that's true or not).

Reactions: Glitch
I don't think we've seen the last of Nick Saban. Perhaps we've seen the last of Coach Saban, but I believe Nick Saban is going to get involved in bringing some order and parameters to modern day college football.
Who dis? That's the most naive thing I've ever heard.

You must mean re-instituting the old system whereby certain privileged programs (and Bama foremost among them) cheated with impunity while rivals were subject to the rules. Saban's entire Bama career was predicated on illegal payments to players under the table; everyone knew about it; but he got a pass from the NCAA.

Sure, he wants that world back. He has lost his illicit advantage. He spends all his time promoting NIL to his own fan base, meanwhile ranting to "idjit plebs" (as he thinks of them) in rival fan bases through the media about how those other fans should hate and attack their own teams' NIL and demand the return of the old system of the NCAA deciding who to exempt from rules and who to bust.

You're being played.

Last edited:

Believe he will find himself on the CFP Committee at some point if his health is good.

Reactions: give_him 6
Normally don’t post stuff like this…. Lost a close friend in a car accident last night, everyone that knew him is taking it really hard as he was friends with anyone and everyone. Prayers for his family and everyone involved are appreciated
May his memory forever be a blessing to you and all those close to him.

oh this is getting good

FootballScoop is reporting that Byrne plans to name Saban’s replacement by the end of the week. Emerging as “serious contenders” for interviews are Washington’s Kalen DeBoer, Florida State’s Mike Norvell and Alabama offensive coordinator Tommy Rees. Other names that are getting traction include Maryland’s Mike Locksley and Missouri’s Eli Drinkwitz. Locksley obviously has experience at UA having been on the staff from 2016-18.

the Bama boards are coming apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back