Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What workarounds? Seems we’re playing the same players we thought we would and not trying anything else. DBs are still bad and rotating like we should. Oline mixes mostly same players as before. Not really trying younger players to see what would happen. Just my opinion.
That's their philosophy-- play veterans and develop younger guys, bringing them along at their own pace. The workarounds, such as they are, are basically trying to find ways to compensate for limitations at certain positions. We have the players we have, and they play the players they think have earned it. And they don't play guys they don't think are ready to go, for whatever reason. They're going to have to make some changes, though. It will be interesting to see.

Matthews said poor decision making by the quarterback

Man, I just hate it! Been rooting for the guy.

3 biggest things that are bugging me are

-the bone headed throw it up for grabs interception

- the inexcusable delay of game penalty

-the loafing out of bounds(no chance he was beating that guy. Could have at least tried to turn it up filed and have a chance)

Those are all Freshman mistakes!

Just feels like the game is being called around him.

It’s time to move on. We lost, we got our asses handed to us on a platter & We played terrible. When you have 5 starters out at multiple positions these things tend to happen. This game won’t define this team. If I’m Heupel I’d tell every player to look in the mirror and ask themselves if their play is acceptable. I’d tell them that one game won’t decide their future but the remaining games will and to come to practice ready to compete. We are Tennessee and we don’t give up. The goal is still attainable.

The worst thing about the Castles “blindside block” was that it wasn’t the side judge who called it standing right there. It was the back judge that was 20 yards downfield who called it
Out of curiosity, I wonder if it was the same ref that kicked the ball? I usually don't blame refs on games, but last night was terrible!

Reactions: SmokinBob
It’s time to move on. We lost, we got our asses handed to us on a platter & We played terrible. When you have 5 starters out at multiple positions these things tend to happen. This game won’t define this team. If I’m Heupel I’d tell every player to look in the mirror and ask themselves if their play is acceptable. I’d tell them that one game won’t decide their future but the remaining games will and to come to practice ready to compete. We are Tennessee and we don’t give up. The goal is still attainable.
I’m pretty sure he did that already…. By the looks of his Knuckles on his hand….. pretty sure the Team got a nice little speech after the game yesterday.

Honestly, if Joe sucks against UTSA first two drives…. I say give Nico they shot.

Joe showed up midway through the 3rd and 4th QTR. We saw flashes of what everyone’s been speaking of. I think the switch is finally coming on for him but I agree. It’s UTSA. If he comes out flat then it’s time to move forward. I appreciate the work Milton has put in and everything he’s done for Tennessee but at the end of the day we deserve more as fans than what’s being displayed on the field.

Listening to Jiminy and Tim.... issue is with Joe not running when play breaks down. And with the "check with me", slowing down O.

That luxury we had with Hendon is underrated. He put so much more pressure on the defense by forcing them to account for that.

Seems Joe is processing so slow that by the time it even crosses his mind it is too late.

Reactions: jlawso21
They went ultra clock mode. Run run run chew clock. Then suddenly UT gets stops due to it. Fans get excited thinking great adjustments were made when the only adjustment was from the opposing HC/coordinator taking the air out of the ball
The QB ended up hurting his wrist and thumb. Which is why they went so conservative. Beasley hurt him.

I have been very patient with Banks and Martinez. I am definitely losing some patience. Absolutely disastrous second quarter. Still, holding Florida to 29 should be good enough with what is supposed to be our offense. We have no choice but to ride with them the rest of the year, but If the trend continues, I hope Heupel is ready to make some necessary changes.
Seeing the way the rest of the SEC is struggling on offense, Banks and co might just scrape together enough to stay put if they can perform like they did the second half last night. Again, that was masked by UF's gameplan to run and eat clock. The defensive manpower is what it is, and we have to accept we have some huge gaps in key positions.
Heup HAS to get the offense figure out!

Man, Nico will get destroyed. Its frustrating as hell that we've painted ourselves into a corner talent wise. Hopefully the staff can actually find some guys this cycle that can help.
I don’t know if he would though. A lot of issues with our OL is the fact that teams aren’t afraid of Joe. They are just sending their guys, forcing Joe to throw under pressure which he can’t do.

With Nico (who can throw on the run, etc.) he would be more of a passing threat. (If he makes the right reads) you wouldn’t be able to just send everyone. Nico would hit the open guy.

Joe literally stands flat footed in the pocket and stares at his receivers.

Reactions: ugg and VolNash17
Joe showed up midway through the 3rd and 4th QTR. We saw flashes of what everyone’s been speaking of. I think the switch is finally coming on for him but I agree. It’s UTSA. If he comes out flat then it’s time to move forward. I appreciate the work Milton has put in and everything he’s done for Tennessee but at the end of the day we deserve more as fans than what’s being displayed on the field.
I think him showing up a little more had to do with the fact that Florida had taken their foot almost totally off the gas. Joe is toolsy as hell, so he will always show flashes but that will be all we get. No consistency and no true ability to run the offense. Jmo.

Right. I just like everyone can see the flashes from Joe… but, when you can’t do the basics right as a 6th year guy I’d rather a True Freshman make those mistakes and grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back