Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can coach but can he recruit well enough to keep Bama happy?

I like him…wish he’d stay at Washington.

Pre NIL era, my guess is that recruiting would be a hurdle for him. In today’s day and age, though, I think NIL can be a great equalizer on the recruiting trail for guys who maybe aren’t elite recruiters. Hope he decides to stay at Washington.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Pre NIL era, my guess is that recruiting would be a hurdle for him. In today’s day and age, though, I think NIL can be a great equalizer on the recruiting trail for guys who maybe aren’t elite recruiters. Hope he decides to stay at Washington.
They say they will have to revamp the Bama NIL post Saban. Apparently he was getting a 20% discount on studs...

So where doe Vrabel end up at?

Atlanta
Dallas
Or
Alabama👀
I’ve had him near the top of my list of possible Bama hires since Day 1. People laugh at the idea, but I don’t think a currently successful coach from another college, such as Deboer or Norvell, is going to come and take over to live in the shadows of Saban. Vrabel can come in, ride the coattails of Saban’s foundation for a few years, have success, then head back to the NFL, it’s a win-win for him.

Vrabel isn’t gonna deal with college kid drama. He stays in the NFL is my bet.

Edit: I think OSU is the only job he’d entertain if they decided to run Day off.
Yeah, Vrabel will have choices in the NFL if I were to guess. No way in hades would he want to jump into the college game with the way the game has morphed. I'd hazard a guess that any head coach, coordinator or position coach would give his left nut to make the move to the NFL right now.

Reactions: ugg
Yeah, Vrabel will have choices in the NFL if I were to guess. No way in hades would he want to jump into the college game with the way the game has morphed. I'd hazard a guess that any head coach, coordinator or position coach would give his left nut to make the move to the NFL right now.
😆 wherever he goes watch him make the super bowl. Happened too damn often at Carolina.

If we close on Heard tomorrow @Freak we should start a new RF thread. A turned corner deserves fresh vibes and a clean thread.

Who knows maybe this guy reappears

Whether we land Heard or not the better half of our wish was fulfilled. The prodigious poster has returned.

Sorry if already discussed, but wouldn't think with the entire country looking at bama coaching search, that they'd push for Norvell now that the NCAA penalties have emerged at FLST... wouldn't be a good look/optic to go hire a coach coming from a program that's just now in trouble for NIL crap...

Hoping they continue to have to drop down the list!

Reactions: ugg
That’s simply not true… Saban was a great recruiter

Dabo is the betting favorite on BetOnline, now. He is at +105.
Gumps are fools if they don't grab Kiffin. Bad blood with Saban aside, if there ever was a perfect fit at the perfect time, it's Kiffin. Said it elsewhere that the NIL and portal has made CFB a mercenary sport. No better merc going than Kiffin. This is his world now. If they pass on him for Dabo, watch him end up at UF next season....and watch what he does with that program and recruiting base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back