Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the defense did it to themselves last night. UF completed something like 7 of their first 8 3rd down attempts.

But UF finished at 50%. 2nd half we got off the field and they got PLENTY of rest.

Defense has to get themselves off the field.

Those misdirections really had the team in shambles. When Florida wasn’t calling them we was getting pressure. Hell we was getting pressure on the misdirection but we kept reading the wrong gap.

But the defense did it to themselves last night. UF completed something like 7 of their first 8 3rd down attempts.

But UF finished at 50%. 2nd half we got off the field and they got PLENTY of rest.

Defense has to get themselves off the field.
we also moved the ball…. my comment wasn’t just about last night…. if the offense is not efficient driving the ball…. the defense will struggle at times.

I am not sky is falling and think much of what we saw was self infliction and poor officiating. We saw what we are capable of in 2nd half and need more snaps as well as return of Mays and Pili.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
One more post and then I’m not posting again! Lol

To make matters worse Georgia and Bama are gettable this year and we’re not able to take advantage.

Not sure if gettable is a word but you know what I meant..
This is what makes last night so frustrating for me. Atlanta would've been in our grasp with a win, and we squandered it away.

I am not sky is falling and think much of what we saw was self infliction and poor officiating. We saw what we are capable of in 2nd half and need more snaps as well as return of Mays and Pili.
Pili is out until Vandy week at least. Mays may not return, since it seems LA is implying injuries are worse than they let on.

Reactions: Adam2014
One more post and then I’m not posting again! Lol

To make matters worse Georgia and Bama are gettable this year and we’re not able to take advantage.

Not sure if gettable is a word but you know what I meant..

We could very well still beat Bama.

UGA will have to wait unless Beck falls apart at Neyland.

I think our o-line will look a lot better when Mays is back. It's critical that they get a backup center up to speed just from an operational standpoint. Lane and Davis are a big drop-off.

They need to stop throwing to the sidelines so much and let Joe sink or swim. If he steps up, great. If he struggles, move on. We can't afford to get stuck in a position where we try to scheme around him. I think he'll step up. He made plays when they were forced to throw it down the field.

The calls on both sides of the ball were disappointing overall. It's like the coaches are trying to be conservative and avoid the guys making big mistakes. I would like to see them be aggressive like we're used to seeing. The team looked fine last night when they were attacking and soft when they weren't.
This is the most spot on post I’ve seen. Adding two obvious points Banks and Martinez have to hit the road at the end of the year. We aren’t well coached in that area but more importantly when you combine that with the reluctancy of not playing the young guys it’s a red flag. I do agree Coop makes a big difference. With Joe you are kinda signing up for a roller coaster it’s just what he is. He is going to have times where he is making all the throws and probably the most talented player in CFB, but other times where his lack of awareness loses you ballgames.

Hadden can’t play zone. We do better with Slaughter at Safety and Walker sliding down to star. Charles out really hurts things too.
This is true but Hadden can’t tackle consistently either. I’d rather have Burrell out there honestly cause he can do that a lot better and is at least usually in position even if he gets Moss’d from time to time. Hadden’s blown plays always costs this team since last year. Slaughter should be are FS and Walker our SS or one of them at nickel and put Turrentine/Charles back there. Anything to get tank off the field. I’m so tired of seeing him run in slow motion to the ball and looking like he’s scared to tackle. McDonald was also out of position a lot last night.

Y’all basically beg to get disappointed

Not necessarily. What did LSU do after we handed them that L last year. The team is good if we can stop shooting our selves in the foot. If we can clean up the penalties we will be in good shape going forward. I also believe that if we didn’t adopt the new clock rule that we would have came back last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back