Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, but it’s like blue jays fans saying “the World Series is still in reach.” because they’re not statistically eliminated yet lol

I’m expecting us to be in a spot to win every game from here on out. I expect us to throttle USCJr and have an all out war against TAMU.

Reactions: swchandler1988
Listening to Jiminy and Tim.... issue is with Joe not running when play breaks down. And with the "check with me", slowing down O.
The checks have essentially taken away this offense's biggest (or 2nd biggest) advantage. It's a shame he can't run the offense as needed. Is what it is at this point.

The USCjr-TAMU @ home stretch just became really big.

Keep the 2nd half offense from last night rolling, win those 2, and you're 5-1 right back in the top 10-15 going into a lackluster Bama team.

Lose those 2 and things are going to suddenly look really rough.

Keep focused and learn from what worked late yesterday and what didn't early on.

I would co-sign this. No matter how ugly if we can find a way around SC and aTm and get to the mid mark at 5-1 I would be ecstatic. Give us a chance to recalibrate and hopefully the underclassmen are a little more seasoned by then. Bama has major offensive issues.

The checks have essentially taken away this offense's biggest (or 2nd biggest) advantage. It's a shame he can't run the offense as needed. Is what it is at this point.
Several times we had them out of position and you could see JH telling him to snap it.

Reactions: VolNash17
Everyone is just frustrated as heck. Understandable. Everyone I’ve seen in person today both sunshine pumpers and more cautious ones both are disgusted. Good thing is it’s game 3. 9 more to go. Gotta get better
In ways I actually feel better than last week. I was nearly worried we'd see the AP offense all game long. I'm glad we saw our team show up and fight in the 2nd half. Our offense suddenly came to life, but due to all those "factors" we couldn't turn them into points.

Believe we outgained them somthing like 300-basically nothing in the 2nd half. We just need to keep doing what works on offense.

I wish I was a blind faith optimist, but I’ve never been capable of that. Especially with my living memory of Tennessee football ranging from 2001-now, I don’t expect anything to turn for the better here.

Give it a couple of days. You’ll come back around. I’m going to really be invested in how the Monday presser will go. It’ll be interesting to see what heupel says.

It’s been proven offensive line is the toughest position to address via the transfer portal.
Chemistry dependent position groups always struggle to be shored up with a band aid like that. It’s why the baseball team sucked for a month, because paradoxically baseball is very chemistry dependent despite essentially being an individual sport played by teams.

Ima ride with Joe, as long as CJH does. The rest of you all who think you know something, I pretty much guarantee you don't know as much as you think you do. I am extremely disappointed and pissed about last night. I believe we bounce back big time.

Well of course. I will support them no matter what!

Is still ok to notice that something ain't right.

Reactions: Daddy pants
I wish I was a blind faith optimist, but I’ve never been capable of that. Especially with my living memory of Tennessee football ranging from 2001-now, I don’t expect anything to turn for the better here.

Don’t have to be an optimist to hope for the best while realizing you have no control over the outcome.

Again I don’t think he’s expecting it. Just hoping for it. But it’s all good. Everybody got their own style of fandom

The worst two plays of the night were:

1.) Hadden’s “tackle attempt” on the long run
2.) Milton’s 35 yard floater to the middle of the field that ultimately gave Florida the ball in the red zone.

Those two plays combined with the referees poor performance was too much to overcome in that hostile of an environment. Those three things change and we have a real good shot to win that game.
Yea the floater was bad… but he had white open for a likely TD. More blame goes on Crawford for whiffing on the block imo. Milton has to sense the pressure better

Last play of the game was it a cheap shot or a legal play....I'm in between he hadn't completely kneeled down but was halfway there so it's an iffy call and a horrible scene to end the game....

They were all 4 stars or higher. Send a freshman to get killed and sometimes they’re never the same.
sometimes maybe but you either have it or you don’t…. none of those three had it…. Dillon Gabriel was put out there as a freshman and threw for 3,700 yds…. Nico should play when he is ready…. i hope that’s sooner rather than later bc i have lost all faith in Joe.

Anyone else completely deflated? I’m massively disappointed
Considering how we looked last week and it was a measly 5.5 pt spread, I'm certainly not massively disappointed. Deflated...not quite there yet. I was at 9-3 all offseason and that still looks possible, though 8-4 is more likely now. Which was in my realm of considerations, anything from 8-4 to 10-2.

Only losing to USCjr and TAMU both would completely deflate me. Then 7-5 is looking all too possible, which is not an outcome I was prepared for. But we can beat those teams in Neyland. We need to now.

Lol. Thus team has to win out they aren't doing that. It wouldn't surprise me IF USCe comes in and beats our ass in a couple weeks.
Can they win out? Absolutely. Will they win out? Not likely but what am I as a fan to say all hell the seasons already over and not root for my vawls. USCJR will not come into Neyland and beat our ass and I challenge every single one of you to show up and be loud.

Reactions: SmokinBob
OL was awesome last year. Let it play out. They prob look way better with Cooper but as anyone should expect for a staff going into Y3, we don’t have much developed depth there yet.

Can't be overstated how much it hurts not having Cooper. Just hoped for better out of the backups.

It will play out and we'll see very soon what the team is truly made of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back