Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last play of the game was it a cheap shot or a legal play....I'm in between he hadn't completely kneeled down but was halfway there so it's an iffy call and a horrible scene to end the game....
it was our fault… cheesy of us to call timeout at that moment and it led to the end of the game play/fight.

Last play of the game was it a cheap shot or a legal play....I'm in between he hadn't completely kneeled down but was halfway there so it's an iffy call and a horrible scene to end the game....
It was a legal play. It was not a cheap shot. Dude was scrambling and when he stopped LOTT was already there and you ain’t stopping on a dime as a DL.

Can they win out? Absolutely. Will they win out? Not likely but what am I as a fan to say all hell the seasons already over and not root for my vawls. USCJR will not come into Neyland and beat our ass and I challenge every single one of you to show up and be loud.
Lol, after that slop last night, I wouldnt show up for this **** if tickets were free.

Yea the floater was bad… but he had white open for a likely TD. More blame goes on Crawford for whiffing on the block imo. Milton has to sense the pressure better
Mincey should have been playing. He’s way better than Crawford in pass protection. Idc if he did something to get suspended. Heupel need to start “handling things internally” like Saban does. He would have helped last night and I’m sure he wanted to show out against his former team.

Mincey should have been playing. He’s way better than Crawford in pass protection. Idc if he did something to get suspended. Heupel need to start “handling things internally” like Saban does. He would have helped last night and I’m sure he wanted to show out against his former team.

That and I didn’t see Warren out there either.

It was iffy. An huge overreaction by Florida. Mertz flopped like he did multiple times. Thomas started going for the tackle before Mertz gave himself up and he pulled up probably could have pulled up more but he barely hit him

Yup. He’s 100% better. Crawford is awful. Slaughter also didn’t play

Here's my thing on that. If our Heistman winning QB Head Coach doesnt think the guy behind #1, is better? Then, Ill roll with that. Further, we have had good speed at WR position last few years. I think we dont as of now.

I think Ramel has good speed, but cant catch a cold. Squirrel cant be the entire offense. Wait! Hold on, I think they're throwing another screen. Nope! Just a commercial...

The only thing that I think really bolsters your point is how slow Joe is taking the offense. Every play its 'check with me.' And that isnt working. This bumper ball, type screen game is a **** show.
I think I'd like to see Thornton actualize his talent and take Ramels spot.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I think I'd like to see Thornton actualize his talent and take Ramels spot.

Ramel played fine last night as did Thornton and McCoy. Joe has to run. That’s the bottom line. When they drop everyone into coverage he needs to roll out and take off.

No one is going to play prevent defense for 60 minutes and have a QB with a broken hand running the opposing offense in those games
It was nowhere near prevent lol. JM dropped in all his explosive plays H2 and a few deep bombs 1-on-1.

Defense has given up 13, 13, 29. Think they'll be just fine as long as the offense half shows up.

whever he hurt his shoulder on that Sanders house
spraining his shoulder didn’t have anything to do with being a freshman…. He had a great first half against Norte Dame…. instead of calling timeouts and trying to score…. we inexplicably let the clock run down and tried to throw down the field where auger was hit and drove his shoulder into the ground…. i was so mad at that sequence of events.

The Gumps blame Fulmer for getting them in trouble in the 90s and they will cause TN a lifetime of "payback". There's too much shadiness with SEC officials and it's too common for it not to be orchestrated. I've been suspicious for several years and then we have games called like this one tonight and it really makes me think I'm right. If the SEC continues to be corrupt and refs can control a game without consequences, then I wouldn't mind leaving the SEC. I know we're a charter member but it's no longer worth it to me to stay in the SEC and get cheated like we do.

I'm over this trash conference and it's blatant bias against Tennessee. Tennessee needs to start exploring going to another conference because they will never win anything in the SEC and it's the SEC that will make sure of it.
I'm bumping my post from the game thread and agreeing with you. I feel like I'm crazy but it's been like this since the early 2000s. There's something to the "SEC against UT" theory. Anytime a coach from UT has gotten fired they have shown up on the sidelines at Alabama. Same with anyone we've hired with Alabama ties ..... Dave Hart, Jeremy Pruitt, Sal Sunseri, ect have never helped our university, only hurt it. It's sounds unbelievable but I'm convinced that the Birmingham located SEC and the money men at Alabama are in cahoots against the University of Tennessee.

^^^For anyone too young or new to the rivalry. I'm 48, so there could be more to the rivalry other than wins/losses that some of you remember. This was the biggest "off the field" incident since I've been around.

Fulmer's record vs the tide 12-5

They've completely removed the middle of the field from a QB that had zero INTs entering yesterday. It's baffling. He showed he could do it. I think the AP game has a different feel of 50% of the drops are caught.

I agree with a lot of folks on here that they didn't trust the QB but that leads to more questions. Regardless, defense should be ashamed of themselves but they won't be.

When we did go to the middle of the field JM looked like he was pitching in cricket.

Reactions: knoxvol52
One more post and then I’m not posting again! Lol

To make matters worse Georgia and Bama are gettable this year and we’re not able to take advantage.

Not sure if gettable is a word but you know what I meant..
Bama just struggled past USF.

We can get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back