Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll want a great QB. None of the playoff teams that could potentially have a head coaching vacancy after this season will offer that. The Chargers do.

But the Chargers could be waiting on a OC or DC that's not available to interview yet... NFL is a lot more professional in how they poach from other teams.

Jim may also want to be able to draft the QB he wants to ride with. I'm just sharing an opinion though, I still don't know if he leaves for the NFL at all.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Gonna be a tough first season for the new coach. They play Georgia week 4 and have to play at Neyland, Death Valley and Norman. Also have a tricky Missouri team that should be better than this years. Even going to Wisconsin could be an L that early. What if the tide loses 4+ next year?
View attachment 609631
You call that tough with the roster he will have? Looking at it it looks like 10-2 or 9-3 at worst.

Gonna be a tough first season for the new coach. They play Georgia week 4 and have to play at Neyland, Death Valley and Norman. Also have a tricky Missouri team that should be better than this years. Even going to Wisconsin could be an L that early. What if the tide loses 4+ next year?
View attachment 609631
I'm pulling for Golesh to start DeBoer's career off right with an L on 9/7.

I was in Wisconsin once for work and it was -21 with the wind chill. I thought my eyes were going to freeze in my head. It was absolutely miserable.
Ah yes my childhood home state. Grew up on a farm there. I’ve felt -60 with windchill. Even with heaters in the barn livestock struggle. 5 mins of exposure to skin will result in frostbite.

Good lord. I hope you'll be ready to move on soon. This is getting tiring. Plus, I think you misread the original post.

The difference I see in Deboer and Harsin is that Deboer seems to understand that CFB is a line on scrimmage game and that will translate to the SEC. If you have that and a really good QB you can win lots of games.

Will he be Saban? No.
Will he be really good? I think so.
You mean the same line of scrimmage that allowed Michigan to run all over his defense when they knew it was coming…yeah no he is nowhere close in that regard 😂😂😂

Reactions: beneVOLence
You call that tough with the roster he will have? Looking at it it looks like 10-2 or 9-3 at worst.
Nick Saban almost lost to USF and Auburn with that roster this year. Now their best receiver Isaiah Bond is in the portal. Even 9-3 will have Gumps rioting in the trailer park as the worst season since 2010

The difference I see in Deboer and Harsin is that Deboer seems to understand that CFB is a line on scrimmage game and that will translate to the SEC. If you have that and a really good QB you can win lots of games.

Will he be Saban? No.
Will he be really good? I think so.
His lines got destroyed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back