Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The real winner in this is Jimmy Sexton. Negotiating raises for all of his rumored clients and getting himself a raise in the process.

None of these coaches who have messaged that they're staying put may have been offered the job.

On the other hand, when we do our coaching searches, our unnamed group of fans would quickly add them to a list of rejections.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Gumps just hired Mike Leach. 100 percent, unmodified, boom or bust Air Raid. UGA has a guaranteed win against them. If we lock down our D and offense performs where it can we do too.
Need our lines to dominate
They will have talent this year
He just has to keep it together
Really interested to see who and how he recruits

If he didn’t have MP this year they maybe win 8 games this past season

When he got to play big teams he got killed

I don’t think he beats Texas on a normal
One week to prepare game week

That’s a solid hire. Acting like he’s Harsin 2.0 is silly. Acting like he’s Saban 2.0 is also silly. He will do mostly well at Bama, IMO, but whether or not he works out long term will depend on the recruiting.

In the end though, anyone not named Nick Saban being the HC of Bama is a win for us.
He will be a pretty good coach/ developer of talent. BUT after they lose at least two regular season games this year; the fans will be disgruntled and things will just fall apart from there.

My take is a near guaranteed lock.

Need our lines to dominate
They will have talent this year
He just has to keep it together
Really interested to see who and how he recruits

If he didn’t have MP this year they maybe win 8 games this past season

When he got to play big teams he got killed

I don’t think he beats Texas on a normal
One week to prepare game week
The level of talent DeBoer will have at Bama in 2024 is yet to be seen. He's no Saban, and they will lose a bunch of current players and 2024 and probably 2025 commits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back