Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how ppl are actually trying to persuade me into believing Bama found another Saban or Meyer, miss me with that nonsense.

They are going from one of the greatest defensive masterminds in the sport who got the best players in the HS ranks every year to Deboer…yeah sorry you are not going to persuade me with straw man outlier arguments he will be great after he was their 4-5 candidate 😂😂😂 sure they could do worse but that fanbase will have absolutely no patience for a west coast guy who doesn’t have the same resume as when Saban did coming to bama

Chris Lowe saying it is about done. If it is indeed DeBoer, the cartoonist of this forum needs to be drawing a cartoon of DeBoer walking the hallway to his office and the tour man says, “Here’s Nick Saban‘s office and now here’s your office.“ And it is about 1/3 as big!
With Saban still sitting in his office.

000000617227_7ce2ab1e_0074_438d_9c54_3752b7aaf8db.jpg

Plus I think some better teams (in the playoffs) might have positions that open up. He took the job at the 49ers for a specific reason when he moved to the NFL last time. He's got no reason to take just any old job, he'll want more roster control and such...
He'll want a great QB. None of the playoff teams that could potentially have a head coaching vacancy after this season will offer that. The Chargers do.

I love how ppl are actually trying to persuade me into believing Bama found another Saban or Meyer, miss me with that nonsense.

They are going from one of the greatest defensive masterminds in the sport who got the best players in the HS ranks every year to Deboer…yeah sorry you are not going to persuade me with straw man outlier arguments he will be great after he was their 4-5 candidate 😂😂😂 sure they could do worse but that fanbase will have absolutely no patience for a west coast guy who doesn’t have the same resume as when Saban did coming to bama
Good lord. I hope you'll be ready to move on soon. This is getting tiring. Plus, I think you misread the original post.

Why you’d turn that down to follow Saban’s footsteps and still deal with him hovering over the program—they’re literally giving him an office in the stadium—just blows my mind.
Absolutely no way. Must be promising Saban will help him like his coordinators he got jobs. I still wouldn’t do it.

Reactions: knoxvol52
The difference I see in Deboer and Harsin is that Deboer seems to understand that CFB is a line on scrimmage game and that will translate to the SEC. If you have that and a really good QB you can win lots of games.

Will he be Saban? No.
Will he be really good? I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back