Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears so...maybe last season really was just an evil illusion perpetrated on us long suffering Tennessee fans to give us real hope for once...only to give us the greatest gutting of all..

I hope not...I really hope this doesn't snowball...but the idiots here are already going after Heupel, and it's only going to get worse every time the offense struggles.

Milton may turn out to be a coach killer.

Milton’s poor play in 2020 for Michigan temporarily put Harbaugh on a warm seat. It’s a trend with him for sure.

Now, in no way should Heupel be anywhere close to hot seat territory all over one loss considering how much he has accomplished in such a short time, but he can’t attach this season to Joe’s hip. It’s a matter of when, not if, that Heup will have to make the decision to either pull the plug on Joe or let this season sink to the bottom of the ocean with Joe at the helm.

What about Pitt, UF and Bama last year?
Two of those in Neyland, one of which wasn’t a game in the 4th quarter until the ball was taken out of the air up 21 with 5 minutes left. The Pittsburgh game had 40% Vol fans at a smaller nfl stadium against a mediocre team. Not all games are at Neyland unfortunately. Common trend in folding like wet tissue paper when things go flat

yall can mark this down the loss of Golesh was devastating. Far fall from Golesh to this new clown that is basically calling the plays. You are naive if you think Heupel is in control of the play calling. Golesh was the brains behind the operation
that’s the best trolling yet…. excellent work.

It was ugly. But I hate that dancin Nancy crap we continually see QBs try and pull for no reason.

There were :09 seconds left. Take the knee and the game is over.

There was Zero need to back up and bleed more seconds off before you took a knee at the absolute last second.

He was still standing when he got hit. Should have hit him even harder.

If it’s time to throw the towel in on the season more or less. That we are going to see the same thing week in and week out.
We’re a better team with Mays. That won’t make us a great team. We’re heavy dogs for Georgia and Bama. A&M and KY have the players to exploit us. I’d call those two 50/50. Missouri is playing above their talent and will be a struggle. If we have a letdown next weekend, UTSA can give us trouble. SC is terrible, but Beamer outcoached Heupel last year, and they probably smell blood. We should kill them, but who knows. This team still has a ceiling that is probably three losses, but it’ll be unlikely that we get there. The team hasn’t given up or turned on the coaches, but some of our least prepared players are the biggest mouths in the locker room. I think it’s a great time for some younger players to step up. If we don’t succeed in the portal this year and get three real offensive linemen, we’ll struggle for a long time. I think Martinez spent his last tokens last night. He’ll probably be let go. People attacking Banks are misguided. He’s not the problem. Pilli being injured is a big loss. We’ve been hiding weaknesses since he went down. Banks is a good coach.

Worley ‘11 disaster, Dobbs ‘13 disaster, guarantano ‘17 disaster, Bailey ‘20 disaster
There’s just as many successful freshmen qbs that’s spark the team. I would say dobbs got valuable experience and it worked out pretty well. Ainge benefitted from the experience esp when cut came back. Tyler bray worked out pretty well. The biggest question is can Nico take the punishment. His ability to extend plays could be huge for a patchwork offensive line.

It appears so...maybe last season really was just an evil illusion perpetrated on us long suffering Tennessee fans to give us real hope for once...only to give us the greatest gutting of all..

I hope not...I really hope this doesn't snowball...but the idiots here are already going after Heupel, and it's only going to get worse every time the offense struggles.

Milton may turn out to be a coach killer.
Milton was not the reason we lost. If anything him, Wright and Bru played the best

Two of those in Neyland, one of which wasn’t a game in the 4th quarter until the ball was taken out of the air up 21 with 5 minutes left. The Pittsburgh game had 40% Vol fans at a smaller nfl stadium against a mediocre team. Not all games are at Neyland unfortunately. Common trend in folding like wet tissue paper when things go flat

So you’re choosing to ignore games inconsistent with your theory. Cool.

Reactions: Rishvol
There’s just as many successful freshmen qbs that’s spark the team. I would say dobbs got valuable experience and it worked out pretty well. Ainge benefitted from the experience esp when cut came back. Tyler bray worked out pretty well. The biggest question is can Nico take the punishment. His ability to extend plays could be huge for a patchwork offensive line.
Bray was good for 5-7 seasons. If that’s the goal, Milton can accomplish that too

We’re a better team with Mays. That won’t make us a great team. We’re heavy dogs for Georgia and Bama. A&M and KY have the players to exploit us. I’d call those two 50/50. Missouri is playing above their talent and will be a struggle. If we have a letdown next weekend, UTSA can give us trouble. SC is terrible, but Beamer outcoached Heupel last year, and they probably smell blood. We should kill them, but who knows. This team still has a ceiling that is probably three losses, but it’ll be unlikely that we get there. The team hasn’t given up or turned on the coaches, but some of our least prepared players are the biggest mouths in the locker room. I think it’s a great time for some younger players to step up. If we don’t succeed in the portal this year and get three real offensive linemen, we’ll struggle for a long time. I think Martinez spent his last tokens last night. He’ll probably be let go. People attacking Banks are misguided. He’s not the problem. Pilli being injured is a big loss. We’ve been hiding weaknesses since he went down. Banks is a good coach.

Appreciate your thoughts. Do you think if Joe comes out flat next week Hype will turn to Nico or will it be ride or die with what we have?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back