Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie will be gone after this season imo.
Willie should have never been brought back. I hope he takes Banks with him. Joe was never going to be the answer this year. But he likes to dance.Milton cant do 1 good thing good. I would give it to Moore until Heup thinks Nico is ready. Garner and Ek is about the only coach on the D side of the ball that is worth keeping.

Last edited:
Willie should have never been brought back. I hope he takes Banks with him. Joe was never going to be the answer this year. But he likes to dance.Milton cant do 1 good thing good. I would give it to Moore until Heup thinks Nico is ready. Garner is about the only coach on the D side of the ball that is worth keeping.

I would support Moore..he looked good during the spring game and he’s familiar with this offense..

We’re a better team with Mays. That won’t make us a great team. We’re heavy dogs for Georgia and Bama. A&M and KY have the players to exploit us. I’d call those two 50/50. Missouri is playing above their talent and will be a struggle. If we have a letdown next weekend, UTSA can give us trouble. SC is terrible, but Beamer outcoached Heupel last year, and they probably smell blood. We should kill them, but who knows. This team still has a ceiling that is probably three losses, but it’ll be unlikely that we get there. The team hasn’t given up or turned on the coaches, but some of our least prepared players are the biggest mouths in the locker room. I think it’s a great time for some younger players to step up. If we don’t succeed in the portal this year and get three real offensive linemen, we’ll struggle for a long time. I think Martinez spent his last tokens last night. He’ll probably be let go. People attacking Banks are misguided. He’s not the problem. Pilli being injured is a big loss. We’ve been hiding weaknesses since he went down. Banks is a good coach.

Great writeup. I am in the minority of not being out on Banks. He was regarded well enough to get head coaching job consideration last season. I also think he is having to make do with severe talent deficiencies. He looked pretty good against Clemson. I was never sold on Martinez from the get go as he follows the Will Friend mantra of recycled coaches who fall into jobs (must be a likable guy) Also he doesn’t teach DB’s to turn their heads around. As for your statement on least prepared players with the biggest mouths my vote is for Hadden. I can’t wait for him to move on. He’s all bark and no bite. I also like how you point out the need for 3 real offensive lineman. The guys we have right now are playing to the best of their abilities but the reality is they aren’t SEC starter quality. That being said we are starting to recruit better on the offensive line but very rarely are they immediate impact players. On a positive note the players didn’t give up or lay down in the second half.

We’re a better team with Mays. That won’t make us a great team. We’re heavy dogs for Georgia and Bama. A&M and KY have the players to exploit us. I’d call those two 50/50. Missouri is playing above their talent and will be a struggle. If we have a letdown next weekend, UTSA can give us trouble. SC is terrible, but Beamer outcoached Heupel last year, and they probably smell blood. We should kill them, but who knows. This team still has a ceiling that is probably three losses, but it’ll be unlikely that we get there. The team hasn’t given up or turned on the coaches, but some of our least prepared players are the biggest mouths in the locker room. I think it’s a great time for some younger players to step up. If we don’t succeed in the portal this year and get three real offensive linemen, we’ll struggle for a long time. I think Martinez spent his last tokens last night. He’ll probably be let go. People attacking Banks are misguided. He’s not the problem. Pilli being injured is a big loss. We’ve been hiding weaknesses since he went down. Banks is a good coach.
The people that expressed concern when Pilli's injury was announced were ROASTED here. It's plain to see how that was a big loss. Elijah Herring will be a great player but he wasn't ready for the Swamp. UF continually exploited him and kept Aaron Beasley away from the play.

We could've used Pilli's experience and ability last night. I believe he would've made a few plays, possibly plays that forced UF off the field in the 1st half, that might've changed a game a bit.

I also agree Banks is not the problem. I like the way he actually calls games. It's also very evident that the majority of our talent is in inexperienced underclassmen which is good for the future. Our defensive problems are still the secondary. I think that will be evaluated at the end of the season. We've brought a lot of talent into the DBs though.

Willie should have never been brought back. I hope he takes Banks with him. Joe was never going to be the answer this year. But he likes to dance.Milton cant do 1 good thing good. I would give it to Moore until Heup thinks Nico is ready. Garner is about the only coach on the D side of the ball that is worth keeping.

Keep Garner and Ek. The rest gotta go tbh

I would support Moore..he looked good during the spring game and he’s familiar with this offense..
Well he does know Heups offense and he cant do any worse than Milton. Milton to top things off last night he did exactly in this game like he did in the Ole Miss game,ran out of bounds. Joe is scared of contact and does not like to run. If Heup keeps riding with Joe then he could end up losing this base and I want Heup to make it here. One really has to wonder if Joe had not gotten hurt in that Pitt game that he would of kept riding with Milton. We will never know but we are about to find out this time.

Most people think every QB gets all the credit or all the blame. My favorite is when they point to win totals to decide who's a better QB.
Ik it’s funny. Not brays fault theyd score 40 but the defense would allow 45. Pretty sure the entire starting lineup made an NFL roster. Including 2 first round picks and hunter was drafted in the very beginning of the 2nd

I take that for face value.

Like, 1/4th or less of the defense is junior or older. 3/4ths+ are freshmen and sophomores. People wondered why Roman Harrison runs opposite of Pearce in Cheetah Package instead of Josephs and I pointed out that discipline and contain is just as important in that role.

So I'm not shocked by the fact that Beasley isn't shocked that the defense was undisciplined last night. It sounds like those under classmen aren't "getting it" at the level they're supposed to and the loud mouths aren't either. it's probably been a point of frustration for the old guys. We need Beasley, Omari Thomas, Baron, McCollough, Harrison, etc to be vocal and hold them accountable though. They need to get them straight and show them the expectation so its not blind leading the blind the next few years.

View attachment 580210

I'm riding with Coach Heupel and I believe he'll get us back on track... sooner than later. 52-49 bought him a lot of time to fix 15+ years of bad TN football with me.

GBO
He'll get back on track. But, this team isnt as talented as we suspected, or had hoped. And that is the frustrating part. That the rebuild happens Y3, and not Y1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back