Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they applied for another year for Campbell and it was approved.
Pretty sure you’re in error. He’s class of 2018 and in his sixth season. Even accounting for 2020, he redshirted a season conventionally and sat a season medically. IF they applied for another season of eligibility, it would be filed AFTER this current season…not BEFORE. And the odds of it being APPROVED would be clinically low with the first being non-medically related…see Jerry Colquitt and Marcus Jackson. All that if he even would consider it. He almost declared for the draft this past off-season.

There's no point in turning on CJH. None whatsoever. This team has limitations. Some of the older players have ceilings, and they've hit them. We're serviceable at best at certain positions. When workarounds aren't working, things break down. I wouldn't pin hope on one player being the fix. They have to work together and hold it together when things aren't going their way. What happened last night will happen again. UT is a team SEC teams want to beat. We'll get every SEC team's best effort. We have tough road games ahead, and SEC home games won't be a cakewalk, either.

We’re still same old 21st century UT
It appears so...maybe last season really was just an evil illusion perpetrated on us long suffering Tennessee fans to give us real hope for once...only to give us the greatest gutting of all..

I hope not...I really hope this doesn't snowball...but the idiots here are already going after Heupel, and it's only going to get worse every time the offense struggles.

Milton may turn out to be a coach killer.

Pretty sure you’re in error. He’s class of 2018 and in his sixth season. Even accounting for 2020, he redshirted a season conventionally and sat a season medically. IF they applied for another season of eligibility, it would be filed AFTER this current season…not BEFORE. And the odds of it being APPROVED would be clinically low with the first being non-medically related…see Jerry Colquitt and Marcus Jackson. All that if he even would consider it. He almost declared for the draft this past off-season.

@butchna take a lap buddy it’s not that serious 😭😂 you don’t have to be right all the time..last night was rough we get it..no need for the layover🫶🏽

Reactions: Smokey19rt
yall can mark this down the loss of Golesh was devastating. Far fall from Golesh to this new clown that is basically calling the plays. You are naive if you think Heupel is in control of the play calling. Golesh was the brains behind the operation

You all do realize that they played a second half of football in Georgia/South Carolina game right? Rattler did not look like a world beater in the 2nd half of that game.

He also didn’t implode. And he won’t implode against us. As long as he doesn’t do that they win. They’ll let us implode.

I feel like both sides of these arguments are warranted but the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Josh Heupel is still a great young coach that is still making some bone headed decisions involving clock and time out management and sticking with players a little too long. Sometimes sitting a player for a drive is everything you need to get their head back down to earth. He’s a great coach and nothing’s really changed. Martinez has had issues here every time he’s been hired. Weak dbs that give up constant dink and dunks. We also need to get rid of some of the zone. I feel like we do coordinate a little scared on the defensive side of the ball.

As far as the offense goes, I think it’s fair to say Joe didn’t play as bad as it seems but just as fair to say that he struggles to run this offense. Seems like it’s based on timing throws and he’s just not on time on anything. Struggles with leadership and getting the offense set. He’s not effective at know when to settle the offense down or when to push the pace like we were so used to seeing with Hooker last year. He doesn’t feel the pocket well and seems like he refuses to get out and run and struggles to throw the ball when he does. This offense goes when the d is on their heels and to do that you have to be on time with the routine throws. I think that’s why we see the middle of the field disappear for the majority of the game like a Bajakian called game. Part of that I think you can contribute to Joe struggling to get the ball into the windows on time and they’re coordinating around that problem. The offense struggled on every drive except one or two up until florida went full prevent and left the middle of the field almost wide open.

Refs have been horrid this year and they were not any different last night. Seems like calls are slanted but it’s not like we’re helping ourselves. We have a very undisciplined team that seems like they came into this season riding the hype train and forgot that had to execute.

The absence of leaders is evident on both sides of the ball. Seemed like pili may have been that for the defense. I would love to see a tale of two halves at UTSA and see Nico get in with the ones for a couple qts and see if he can be more efficient in timing throws and getting out and throwing on the run. That is a big part of his game. D has no fear of Milton running or completing it on the run. The line is bad but Milton has equal involvement in holding the ball too long and not feeling the pressure. D lines are pinning their ears back and coming after him with no consequences.

Here’s to hoping we get some of this figured out this week and we can improve because the sec is weak and this season is nowhere near over. It can go equally as good as it can bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back