Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attend church with a retired Coach who is NOT a Vol fan. His first comment to me was the officials and how they interjected themselves in very key times to affect the game. Several obvious holds by UF not call on long runs and key 3rd downs. I thought we just layed an egg but his take was interesting. If it were me, Hadden wouldn't see the field, probably not Mincey either. Would try a different combo at Safety and give Sampson more opportunities.
It was so clear that the officiating crew stole the game. Interesting to see a non-Vol-fan and former coach spot it as the decisive thing about the game.

Like Flowers last season. Maddening loyalty. Guarantanoesque.
Flowers shouldn’t have been playing last year. He has myositis and it clearly affected his play. That’s why he was so frustrating to watch. Feel bad for the guy but he shouldn’t have played. He was never that great but looked a lot slower and weaker last year than years past.

Flowers shouldn’t have been playing last year. He has myositis and it clearly affected his play. That’s why he was so frustrating to watch. Feel bad for the guy but he shouldn’t have played. He was never that great but looked a lot slower and weaker last year than years past.
Hadn't heard that. Explains a TON because he was such a promising player early in his career then regressed.

Reactions: Orange.
Like I said, I wouldn't pin too much hope on any one player being an immediate fix. Not every injury-- or the nature/extent of every injury-- is disclosed.
I would be ok with G Moore if Joe keeps doing what he is doing. He should have next week to fix it and if he can't do it against UTSA then time to know he won't be able to in the future IMO.

Ik it’s still almost a week away, but man we need to best the breaks off of UTSA this week. If we lose or struggle with them then the fanbase will go ballistic

This isn't last year's UTSA. I think they're 1-2.

If we lose to SC, this place will go ballistic. Especially since many on VN have a strange obsession with their head coach.

Ik it’s still almost a week away, but man we need to best the breaks off of UTSA this week. If we lose or struggle with them then the fanbase will go ballistic
I don't think a loss will happen, but if it looks like the Austin Peay game or even UVA... the boo birds will be there.

Really just needs to be smooth, like the first drive yesterday. But for the entire first half. Sorry for UTSA but we need to put up some big numbers and look good doing it lol

Reactions: knoxvol52
It's one thing for the players, but for coaches to get involved and start swinging is unacceptable. SEC needs to review all the footage and hold people accountable (but I don't think they will).

Also, this bullcrap is spreading around:

(Edit- the "bullcrap" is that this is Hadden, not Milton, yet CFB social media pages are spreading this) View attachment 580241
How does one attach a video?

I am seeing it myself and am about to just say screw it and move on. Sports have become so obsessed with gambling and it is starting to make the public doubt. Might be 20 years but the public trust will be lost and sports will suffer. Baseball did before Ruth came along and saved it. The Black sox throwing the WS almost killed the game of baseball and don't think history doesn't repeat itself. Taking that genie out for the greed of money will eventually rot sports and no bigger place than what is happening in college football.
The Birmingham Office is the culprit. They've been using their officiating crews to rig outcomes for long time. Last night was blatant, but a lot of our other games have been blatant, too.

Gambling might be the reason cited by some people; but only because they are still trying to shield themselves from the horror that the rigging is more central to the sport than meddling "outside" forces.

Of course the networks are implicated too. They have to cover for all of it. The announcers basically get big salaries to not notice things. 😂 Or, if they do, to avoid at all cost saying how bad it is and drawing the decisive implication.

Last edited:
UT has cultivated a lot of ill will. I don't pretend to understand the extent of the animosity, though it is cumulative. UT seems to be on the wrong side of the narrative most of the time. Narratives drive revenue. The media and conferences are not impartial. But the officiating needs to be addressed. That is out of control and letting it run amok is going to destroy the residual integrity of college sports.
This 1000 percent.........never thought it would be a thing I would ever have believed just 5 years ago

How does one attach a video?
It's one thing for the players, but for coaches to get involved and start swinging is unacceptable. SEC needs to review all the footage and hold people accountable (but I don't think they will).

Also, this bullcrap is spreading around:

(Edit- the "bullcrap" is that this is Hadden, not Milton, yet CFB social media pages are spreading this) View attachment 580241
IMG_0252.jpgIMG_0251.jpgIMG_0250.jpeg

Reactions: SoilVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back