Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
wth says he is run off? I swear some of y'all need a jump to conclusions mat.
He’s posting stories to his social media to complain about playing time. I don’t think it’s some huge jump to say he’ll go where he can get more playing time if things don’t change. iirc, there was some chatter after the Orange Bowl last year that Sampson could be one to watch with the transfer portal, but we managed to keep him.

I’m the last person to criticize this particular staff, but I will admit that we have to get Samp some more touches. It’s asinine that his skill set has not been featured whatsoever the last 2 games, even with the pace we play at with limited subs. If it’s not discipline related, I would be pretty pissed too IF I’d put in the work all off-season/training camp.

I think if Jaylen Wright is healthy and not gassed, he should be in the game. I do think Sampson is a better option than Small.

But the cryptic social media posts from players is just 🥱. Don't complain about getting the wrong kind of attention from the fans if you are online asking for it.

I am seeing it myself and am about to just say screw it and move on. Sports have become so obsessed with gambling and it is starting to make the public doubt. Might be 20 years but the public trust will be lost and sports will suffer. Baseball did before Ruth came along and saved it. The Black sox throwing the WS almost killed the game of baseball and don't think history doesn't repeat itself. Taking that genie out for the greed of money will eventually rot sports and no bigger place than what is happening in college football.
It’s too much money at risk for it not to be planned. It’s entertainment, and they need it to be exciting, controversial etc to keep people talking about the games played.

The ref’s name from last night is Scott Walker, he was the long time center judge for Ken Williamson (2010-2021 I think) and then became the white hat after a ref retired. Ken Williamson was the Gator ref we had last week against AP
We had Scott Walker for 2 games last year (IIRC Florida and I can't remember the other game). We had this jerk for the Austin Peay game...Screenshot_20230909_184506_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Bring me Deion. Or Gruden.

giphy.gif

After watching the replay, I don't think Milton was the problem. I think we got outcoached in that game. Also, we were missing a few key players, especially on the OL. We can learn from this game, but will we?

Anyone talking firing and trying to twist player comments into locker room issues is an idiot and honestly part of the problem the last 20 years. Nobody is above criticisms for performance but once the rednecks start running their mouths and making noise about lockeroom issues and hot seat takes it starts the cracks. Anyone wanting Heupel gone is a moron and anyone wanting mass staff turnover is a moron.
I don’t think anyone has said mass staff turnover. Just a position coach and a coordinator. Both of which coach the defensive backfield which always looks awful. Year 3… lol call that moronic if you like. It’s more moronic people keep accepting the trash results from that group in year 3

He’s posting stories to his social media to complain about playing time. I don’t think it’s some huge jump to say he’ll go where he can get more playing time if things don’t change. iirc, there was some chatter after the Orange Bowl last year that Sampson could be one to watch with the transfer portal, but we managed to keep him.
That was Wright. That is indeed a huge leap to a conclusion.

The Joe hate is a little overblown. 3rd down defense was atrocious. Joe has limitations but he is good enough to win games for us.
Eh, he’s good enough to “not lose” games as long as everyone around him plays well.

But no, he’s not gonna go out and win a game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back