Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of getting off the field on 3rd down caused a chain of events that helped UF win this game easy. The hurry up offense is trash when you're going 3 and out, long UF possessions kept our D on the field and kept their D fresh. Bottom line is if your offense can't get the numbers you'd better have a good defense. Our 3rd down defensive playcalling is terrible. Bad game all around on this staff.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion. The evidence to this point suggests he is going to be great here. It could change.

He is great here. But something smells. It's the defense, and the QB. He's trying the same coaches and a lot of the same defensive players that made the defense terrible last year. He's also trying that sorry QB that he tried year 1. I see nothing wrong with stating the obvious.

I use VPN as well. I just VPN into Miami and then use CBSSports app for CBS games and the Fox.com live local TV. Both make me link my provider which I also have YTTV. It works, but a bit annoying having to hook my laptop up to the TV for games.

I was also super bummed that YTTV didn’t offer the a La Carte options that were rumored. I would 100% buy just a Dolphins/redzone package but I’m not buying the entire package.
Me too. I get why they're doing it, they've got a couple billion to recoup and I'm sure they've done the math and the market analysis but it sure seems misguided to me.

Like when baseball RSNs paid billions for exclusive rights to broadcast games on cable television for decades ahead, not seeing it was a dying platform.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I don’t remember UF running as much motion across the line to spread out the LBs against Utah either. Idk if they did that much against McNeese but we were completely unprepared for it and it gave us a ton of issues.
They took advantage of the Pili injury. Trial by fire for the young players who are great athletes.

He is great here. But something smells. It's the defense, and the QB. He's trying the same coaches and a lot of the same defensive players that made the defense terrible last year. He's also trying that sorry QB that he tried year 1. I see nothing wrong with stating the obvious.

The OL is a bigger concern than Milton.

Didn’t block anybody. Couldn’t run the ball. 5 false starts. 2 holding penalties.

Joe isn’t HH. But when you can’t get in rhythm on offense then it looks worse than what it should.

The lack of getting off the field on 3rd down caused a chain of events that helped UF win this game easy. The hurry up offense is trash when you're going 3 and out, long UF possessions kept our D on the field and kept their D fresh. Bottom line is if your offense can't get the numbers you'd better have a good defense. Our 3rd down defensive playcalling is terrible. Bad game all around on this staff.
3rd disown defense was the greatest factor in our loss. Joe isn’t Hendon but 287 and 2 TD with one int isn’t the worst stat line. His management of the time and offense was worse than his physical play. The had to have converted 80% or more of their 3rd downs. There is blame to go around on every position group and coaching but it is hard to score when you cannot get the ball.

I am referencing my obsession with sports period not Tennessee. It very frustrating to spend so much time and money and think it has gambling influencing outcomes.
It is very concerning. I think the older you get and the more involved you get. The more you see things that aren’t just right. I hate how subjective and influential football and baseball rules are.

Reactions: JacketVol
How are we still having players get in trouble for weed?! In 2023. Just legalize it and or stop penalizing players for it. Literally no one g.a.s. about it anymore and it’s legal in most states. Bama players get off with possessing guns illegally and punching women and we’re still kicking players off (Salter) and suspending them (Mincey) for a damn plant legal in most states.
While I think weed should be legal, the fact is that it is considered an illegal substance in Tennessee. He should just abide by the law. How hard is that?

Obviously have some stuff to clean up, but if the "fire the coaches" crowd gets going after every game, sooner or later you're gonna run out of coaches.
Definitely idiots around. We’re in the best position we’ve been in in 20 years and the rednecks are already ready to get loud. I don’t care if we went
7-5 we still shouldn’t be screaming fire Heupel.

Don't disagree at all, but ask them if they want to see Nico play and I'd say you'll have a damn hard time finding someone say "no"

Plus at some point those people may decide to just save their money because they have no sway. Double edge sword when you bring in investors for anything.
No. Don't start trying to undermine Heup and our NIL. Nico was always going to play when he is ready and when the situation warrants. Nobody is speeding anything up by clamoring.

Yup, they will. I’d like to see Carter get more snaps this week. We need to get more guys ready and see who steps up while Pili is out. Let the best player play regardless of experience. Maybe Herring still performs best and keeps his spot, who knows, but let the players settle it with live action results each week.
I imagine, but do not know, that there is concern about a frosh calling the defenses. I hope he is studying his azz off. He's going to be a great LB.

Reactions: volsagain
The OL is a bigger concern than Milton.

Didn’t block anybody. Couldn’t run the ball. 5 false starts. 2 holding penalties.

Joe isn’t HH. But when you can’t get in rhythm on offense then it looks worse than what it should.
And whenever the OL struggled with pre-snap penalties and blocking the offense struggled just as much with Hendon.

Much like any offense ever, it's incredibly hard to be successful with those things going on.

Yeah, I think the fixing stuff is far fetched. He just sucks
I don’t think anything is too far-fetched these days. You can’t be that bad when you are playing for a power 5 SEC school. He doesn’t even attempt numerous times to wrap his arms around the ball carrier…that’s tackling 101! And then there are times he blows up bubble screens. Certainly makes you wonder if fishy stuff is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back