Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basilio saying that Ollie Lane wanted to hang up his cleats after last year and the staff talked him out of it. No idea if true, but Basilio has been saying that there are issues on the O line, going back to camp. He was correct.
He also said before the season even started that there were big concerns about the DBs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Burton
Should Sanders be suspended for poking a CSU player in the eye intentionally?

The CSU defensive player should not be suspended. That's ridiculous
First I've heard of it. I only saw the end of the game. It's getting no mention in the writeups that I know of. Makes the hit on the CU WR more understandable -- not to say excusable. The latter looked like a typical GA play to me.

The OL is a bigger concern than Milton.

Didn’t block anybody. Couldn’t run the ball. 5 false starts. 2 holding penalties.

Joe isn’t HH. But when you can’t get in rhythm on offense then it looks worse than what it should.

Yeah it’s a bad combo right now. Joe can’t process the offense as fast as Hooker, and the OL isn’t giving him the time he needs. I hope the coaches can figure out how to take more off Milton’s plate so he can work faster.

I really don’t want to see Nico at this point. He’d be running for his life but if they can’t improve the offense then Nico is going to eventually get thrown out there.

Milton wasn’t the problem
Pretty sure he’s the one running the offense. It isn’t flowing the way that offense is supposed to. Is that Milton, the coaches, combination? I don’t know but we look terrible on that side of the ball.

I don’t think anything is too far-fetched these days. You can’t be that bad when you are playing for a power 5 SEC school. He doesn’t even attempt numerous times to wrap his arms around the ball carrier…that’s tackling 101! And then there are times he blows up bubble screens. Certainly makes you wonder if fishy stuff is going on.
I think Hadden has some adhd

He does have a lot of really good plays, but its like he wasn't focused properly throwing that shoulder like that. It's not like he's scared, we've seen him fight through blocks and blow guys up. He just goes dumb.

Probably. The coaches for both teams let it get out of hand, and I'm sure the refs had instructions to keep it lax because it made for great TV.
The thing I noticed most -- and I am not an anti-Colorado guy, I don't really care -- is that the game was decided by two very questionable calls imo on CSU's final drive. A DPI no call in the endzone and that alleged crackback block on the CSU touchdown run. That's two scores. They couldn't score a third time.

It was good game to watch, judging by the 4th Q forward, which is the part I saw.

Pretty sure he’s the one running the offense. It isn’t flowing the way that offense is supposed to. Is that Milton, the coaches, combination? I don’t know but we look terrible on that side of the ball.

False starts and holds aren’t on Milton. Not being able to run the ball bc the line can’t block isn’t on Milton. Can’t get into a rhythm and everything looks bad.

Need to keep stacking the roster with talent by any means necessary. You can still be selective but at the same time you have to pay up to get some of these game changing players. Luckily we seem to be recruiting lights out at QB. Nico, Merk, GMac?

Reactions: OrangenSC
Milton wasn’t the problem
Man yes he was. He threw 2-3 balls in the dirt and got most of his stats on the first drive and when Florida started playing soft in the second half.

OL was terrible. That is for sure. But Milton was bad too.

Those two groups (OL and QB) are making our Wide receivers and running backs look bad. The WR and RB groups are fantastic groups and almost everyone in the country would love to have those groups.

One thing that has stuck with me is what Milton said after the game on Saturday...."We're gonna come together or we're gonna separate"....as a supposed "leader" and QB of the team....that does not scream confidence or leader to me. As a leader it is your responsibility to make damn sure that the team comes together. That comment just rubbed me the wrong way.
What concerns me here is that we had a team meeting last week to address this very thing. Could it be we already have the answer? I hope not and I am hoping we turn this season around and are saying “ I wish we could play Florida again” come season end.

Amen! Complete loyalty to less talented seniors instead of going with younger, more talented players. Couldn’t be any worse!
My hope was that the front seven would be so much better that their play would improve by default. But I don’t think they’ve taken a big enough step forward to cover up the weaknesses on the back end.

Man yes he was. He threw 2-3 balls in the dirt and got most of his stats on the first drive and when Florida started playing soft in the second half.

Those two groups (OL and QB) are making our Wide receivers and running backs look bad. The WR and RB groups are fantastic groups and almost everyone in the country would love to have those groups.

What was happening on those throws in the dirt? Was Joe being pressured bc the OL can’t block? I’d have to go back and look.

Not saying Joe is playing great. But even HH loses that game.

Milton is not above criticism. You have to have seen the defense was pathetic at getting off the field too.

dude are you kidding me?

Do you know how furious we would be if a South Carolina player did that to Wright or Squirrel? He came in and cheap shotted the receiver. He knew exactly what he was doing.

It should have been targeting in the game, because that's what it was.

SCar did do that to Jennings one year. He had one foot out of the endzone when he was blindsided. And, yeah, I was pissed.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The thing I noticed most -- and I am not an anti-Colorado guy, I don't really care -- is that the game was decided by two very questionable calls imo on CSU's final drive. A DPI no call in the endzone and that alleged crackback block on the CSU touchdown run. That's two scores. They couldn't score a third time.

It was good game to watch, judging by the 4th Q forward, which is the part I saw.
Those calls were trash. CSU should have won, I think.

Boy oh boy, if we do have a few consecutive drives that dont result in a score Saturday the stadium will be going ballistic and I’ll definitely bet we will hear a few ‘Nico’ chants

Those calls were trash. CSU should have won, I think.
Well, Idk, but they should have either been spotted first and goal at the one yard line or credited with the touchdown run and had the decision to go for 1 or 2. And to continue playing, as needed. It would have been great if they had gone for 2, and it would have been great if they tied and the duel continued.

That imo was the kind of officiating that @jave36 was talking about yesterday that is not directed at the penalized team, but in favor of advancing by whatever means a team the conference and media wanted to win. I was disagreeing with him that that was the situation with our game; but what he was describing definitely happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back