Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall Tennessee looked pretty good all around Vs Virginia. Bama looked a bit slower Vs MTSU, Georgia looked slower against UT Martin. Ohio State looked slower Vs Indiana. Are there a few concerns? Like the Punter, absolutely. But this isn’t a finished product yet. Vols will have a good ball team
Alabama Will have scoring issues when they play an adequate competition..... Georgia has a new QB starting who knows about the Soccer mom QB.... Ohio State enough said......

Did they really attempt to adopt our offense?
Not sure, but if they did, they hired the wrong dude.

They hired Lincoln Riley's brother, who is a disciple of The Pirate, and runs the Air Raid. Heupel learned a lot from Leach, and incorporated some Air Raid, but it's obvious that Heupel's offense is not Air Raid. It's actually predicated on the run. Heupel's goes further back to Bryles.

Spread them way out, read how they line up to cover the horizontal spread from sideline to sideline, and then make them wrong, whether run or pass.

Sort of. I saw them run some wide splits, but I also saw them in a lot of standard formations. It didn’t feel like they went very fast, either.

If you’re gonna do what Heupel does here, you gotta commit to it 100%.
May explain why they suck so bad. Did Dabo go full Fulmer/Clawson?

"Hey! I love what you're doing. Come here and run part of it."

"Uh, that's not how it works. It's an integrated offensive philosphy."

"OK. Come here and run it."

"Welcome to Clemson! I'm the head coach. Just run part of it."

Sort of. I saw them run some wide splits, but I also saw them in a lot of standard formations. It didn’t feel like they went very fast, either.

If you’re gonna do what Heupel does here, you gotta commit to it 100%.
I have looked over and over again to find the article I read but it said that DW is responsible for us playing fast…. When he first interviewed Heupel for the job at UCF…..They discussed playing fast so they could keep up the UCF brand….. UCFast…. Heupel agreed and added it to his offense.

Dabo had to surround himself for years with with the best coordinators and position coaches because in all reality he is an average to above average coach. Then his great staff started to get plucked away by other schools and we are now seeing the effects of that. It is eerily similar to Fulmer in his later years.

Dabo had to surround himself for years with with the best coordinators and position coaches because in all reality he is an average to above average coach. Then his great staff started to get plucked away by other schools and we are now seeing the effects of that. It is eerily similar to Fulmer in his later years.
I hope we have learned our lesson on hiring CEO types instead of actual brilliant football minds.

May explain why they suck so bad. Did Dabo go full Fulmer/Clawson?

"Hey! I love what you're doing. Come here and run part of it."

"Uh, that's not how it works. It's an integrated offensive philosphy."

"OK. Come here and run it."

"Welcome to Clemson! I'm the head coach. Just run part of it."
I don't see how anybody that is old enough to have watched and understood the decline of Fulmers program over the last few years culminating in The Clawson Experience, did not draw those same parallels in their mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back