Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Spyre flew Nico on a private jet...that's Spyre and not UT. Nico is also from California and could receive NIL payments as a high schooler...including a flight on a private jet...and it not affect his eligibility with the NCAA. The only potential issue would be him being paid directly to sign with UT, and his NIL agreement with Spyre was for them to have rights to his name, image, and likeness no matter what school he signed with. All legal and all within NCAA rules. The NCAA's argument wouldn't hold up in court...not even for a second.
Unless, and I’m just playing devils advocate here I’m not saying I agree with this, someone on Tennessee’s staff was directly in contact with Spyre. If that’s the case, then, maybe that’s what the NCAA is looking into.

the original story on his contract, states this. There is nothing tied to Tennessee with the contract.
From my understanding (and I could be completely wrong) the issue is a booster tied to UT provided the private jet spyre used to get Nico to Knoxville. That's how I interpreted it.

I still think the states need to deal with this before the Universities get involved. All these states passed NIL laws; well, they’re being openly challenged by the people that they’re supposed to restrict. Just gonna let that happen?
Refresher: What does Tennessee's NIL state?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back