Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hating on Tennessee seems to be big business. It doesn’t appear that we’re going to take it this time though I’d rather us just not have to deal with it in the first place. Seems more like a witch hunt to keep us down.
It's not to keep us down. That would just be collateral damage that the NCAA is willing to cause.

The NCAA is feckless, and every sporting news story is about the fecklessness of the NCAA in this new world. The NCAA feels like it needs to make an example of someone to make it look like they are strong and organized, as well as scaring other schools into backing off of the NIL stuff.

1706652362074.png

The problem is that UT is not the doormat they've always counted on. UT is going to war, and it may just mean the end of the NCAA.

It sounds like much of this is a timing issue.

The NCAA got their asses handed to them per NIL by the SCOTUS who basically told them not to come back in front of them if they knew what is good for them. As such, the NCAA was dead quiet on NIL after the case. I mean, dead quiet, except for statements that basically refused to speak on it, and passed the buck

Slowly, they began releasing guidance statements, without actually making them rules. Then they started making clarifications of rules.

It sounds like they are referencing later rule clarifications, and trying to apply and enforce them to the time of Nico's recruitment. I'm pretty positive that's what's happening here, and if it is, UT will wipe the proverbial floor with them.

At best, it will be a PR nightmare for the NCAA. At worst, it will result in more lawsuits that could end them.

If the NCAA is coming after TN about Nico, then they need to go after Mizzou paying in state kids that sign.
They need to go away.

As I say over and over again, they’re a corrupt organization that lost sight of their mission eons ago and have outlived their usefulness.

It's not to keep us down. That would just be collateral damage that the NCAA is willing to cause.

The NCAA is feckless, and every sporting news story is about the fecklessness of the NCAA in this new world. The NCAA feels like it needs to make an example of someone to make it look like they are strong and organized, as well as scaring other schools into backing off of the NIL stuff.

View attachment 616153

The problem is that UT is not the doormat they've always counted on. UT is going to war, and it may just mean the end of the NCAA.

It sounds like much of this is a timing issue.

The NCAA got their asses handed to them per NIL by the SCOTUS who basically told them not to come back in front of them if they knew what is good for them. As such, the NCAA was dead quiet on NIL after the case. I mean, dead quiet, except for statements that basically refused to speak on it, and passed the buck

Slowly, they began releasing guidance statements, without actually making them rules. Then they started making clarifications of rules.

It sounds like they are referencing later rule clarifications, and trying to apply and enforce them to the time of Nico's recruitment. I'm pretty positive that's what's happening here, and if it is, UT will wipe the proverbial floor with them.

At best, it will be a PR nightmare for the NCAA. At worst, it will result in more lawsuits that could end them.
The on3 video posted a few up does a great job explaining the significance of all this. Watching it, I’m not worried. He eases my mind and gives me hope that TN leads the charge here and other school hop on.

There’s no way to spin this as a positive considering we never do the LSU or UNC thing. We will bend over again and lose everything before we ever give the NCAA the finger.
Uh, our Chancellor just gave the NCAA the public finger. Basically threatened scorched earth and lawsuits while calling them intellectually dishonest and accusing them of working against their stated charter.

The on3 video posted a few up does a great job explaining the significance of all this. Watching it, I’m not worried. He eases my mind and gives me hope that TN leads the charge here and other school hop on.
its the Vols leading the charge all over again, this time not to save Texas from Mexico, but to save the rest of the football world from the corrupt NCAA.

Serious question: is TN’s AG a Vol??
no

Education
Skrmetti earned degrees from George Washington University and Hertford College, Oxford. While earning his Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School, he served as the editor-in-chief of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy

no

Education
Skrmetti earned degrees from George Washington University and Hertford College, Oxford. While earning his Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School, he served as the editor-in-chief of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy

Great. He’s a nerd 🙄

Churchill is quoted as saying. Americans will always do the right thing, after exhausting all other options.

Donde just added us to that list by standing up to tyrants. I think we as fans should too when it comes to the collective. It will be more expensive than ever given the negative publicity in the short term.

Diminishing parity?! It's the exact opposite!
Exactly! (Sorry I couldn't respond earlier.) Saban is trying to cap NIL directly or by establishing a salary cap to de facto bring back Bama's punishment-immune bag-game advantage. He'll be working Congress for special permission to violate anti-trust law. And working the broadcast-booth bully pulpit of the broadcast booth and his media suck ups. He is still committed to that.

We saw how Saban was never investigated, and we saw how Michigan had the NCAA intentionally stalling for Harbaugh for 2 years, and is still waiting on him to go to tbe NFL before they (maybe) do something. But did you notice the NCAA just went after FSU and put them on probation with alacrity? They threatened Bama's unmerited playoff spot, and Kirby turned them in, apparently. They see them as a threat. The NCAA is all about turning a blind eye to favorites and hammering their rivals.

Anyway, Saban was really pushing that lie about (by being legal) NIL is ending parity! 😂🙄 The exact opposite of the truth. Many such headlines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back