Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah man the Red Hot Chili Peppers said space is made in a Hollywood basement. The Earth is flat, we are surrounded by an ice wall and that globe looking thing you can see with your eyes? Just an optical illusion.
RHCP going through some hot waters.

Those old Anthony Keidis interviews and lyrics being dug up šŸ˜³

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
So, what exactly is the allegation involving Nico? It cannot be for anything other big programs have donā€™t the last couple of seasons.

That Nico looked so good in the Citrus Bowl that our rivals are now worried so they had to make up lies to make him ineligible.

I just hope Jason Kelce keeps his shirt on..
I didn't even hear till this morning about the Taylor Swift Twitter thing. You can't even search for her...because of...bad things.

4chan is so idiotic. Now the kid that led it got doxxed and about to be sued "over the moon"

Namath, who completed 17 out of 28 passes for 206 yards, was named as the Super Bowl's most valuable player, making him the first player in Super Bowl history to be declared MVP without personally scoring or throwing for a touchdown.

Not even a passing TD by any of their QBs
Well... it was Super Bowl 3....

Reactions: knoxvol52
She said a whole lot of nothing.
Did we read the same release? She clearly said that current guidance is very vague and contradicts itself. She called out the NCAA enforcement staff for bullying. She said that UT will continue to protect the rights of the student athletes and the university.

It's not to keep us down. That would just be collateral damage that the NCAA is willing to cause.

The NCAA is feckless, and every sporting news story is about the fecklessness of the NCAA in this new world. The NCAA feels like it needs to make an example of someone to make it look like they are strong and organized, as well as scaring other schools into backing off of the NIL stuff.

View attachment 616153

The problem is that UT is not the doormat they've always counted on. UT is going to war, and it may just mean the end of the NCAA.

It sounds like much of this is a timing issue.

The NCAA got their asses handed to them per NIL by the SCOTUS who basically told them not to come back in front of them if they knew what is good for them. As such, the NCAA was dead quiet on NIL after the case. I mean, dead quiet, except for statements that basically refused to speak on it, and passed the buck

Slowly, they began releasing guidance statements, without actually making them rules. Then they started making clarifications of rules.

It sounds like they are referencing later rule clarifications, and trying to apply and enforce them to the time of Nico's recruitment. I'm pretty positive that's what's happening here, and if it is, UT will wipe the proverbial floor with them.

At best, it will be a PR nightmare for the NCAA. At worst, it will result in more lawsuits that could end them.

As long as they donā€™t make Nico ineligible while they ā€œinvestigateā€ Iā€™ll be good.

As long as they donā€™t make Nico ineligible while they ā€œinvestigateā€ Iā€™ll be good.
Some on here are saying they canā€™t do that, but from what Iā€™ve read up on it, the absolutely can unless the TN AG steps in. Which he may or he may not. It is an election year and I imagine there will be quite a bit of pressure on politicians to act should it come to this.

Reactions: franklinpence
I'd bet that UT would sue and get a court injunction to make him eligible until the matter is settled. I also suspect the University has the Tennessee AG on speed dial.

This was an attempt to look strong against a program they've generally viewed as weak and easy canon fodder. The LAST thing the NCAA wants is a fight on this. Their best bet would be to kill this and hope that it dies quietly in the media.

Being honest, what upsets me the most is there are so many other schools they should be legitimately investigating for actually breaking rules, but this is the fight they pick. Hell, they still aren't investigating Georgia for how they were able to sign Mims, a kid supposedly behind two other schools getting in trouble, or for how a player was killed while being driven around by a drunk staffer, and allegations it was common practice for staffers who had been drinking to drive these kids around. THAT is worth investigating. The obvious tampering in the portal, where you have kids coming forward stating they were contacted before they ever entered the portal, THAT is worth investigating. But no, the NCAA picks a fight over something so ambiguous no one can even agree there are set rules governing NIL. It's stupid on their part. Extremely stupid. It's like they all want to be out of a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back