Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the fanbase is this combustible over a single loss now, wait till Texas and Oklahoma join and the league becomes even tougher.

Folks need to realize college football is changing and we need to get over losses much, much faster. I can't believe the hand wringing and questioning of coaches and the future of the program still going on, several days after an entirely predictable struggle in Florida for a young team missing multiple key pieces and breaking in a new QB. Goodness!
Getting trounced by a gator team that’s mediocre and rebuilding while being the biggest favorite at their place ever in the series isn’t exactly an ideal situation. I understood the frustration from people. We’re Tennessee, it’s about us as the pre game hype video said. High standards, high pay, excellence. Want mediocrity? Let’s hire back Mike Hamilton and go 6-6 for 12 years again. You’re absolutely right. Times are changing. DW ain’t settling for 8-4

Getting trounced by a gator team that’s mediocre and rebuilding while being the biggest favorite at their place ever in the series isn’t exactly an ideal situation. I understood the frustration from people. We’re Tennessee, it’s about us as the pre game hype video said. High standards, high pay, excellence. Want mediocrity? Let’s hire back Mike Hamilton and go 6-6 for 12 years again. You’re absolutely right. Times are changing. DW ain’t settling for 8-4
This isn’t an anti Heupel post btw… but as LA Vol alluded to a few staff changes are almost inevitable at seasons end (almost happened after last year). Tennessee isn’t a bargain bin program anymore under this regime

I've lost to Florida my entire life. We have a better team and a 6th year QB. I think Heup is the man, but that game was garbage and it's on him.
It's almost like the game plans so far have revolved around being really conservative on both sides of the ball. On offense...hoping your depth at RB moves the ball and doesn't put pressure on the QB. On defense...playing soft coverages and hoping your d-line does the heavy lifting. It's a "don't lose the game" mindset verses a "go win the game" mindset. They need to cut the guys loose to attack.

I pissed at Mincey.

I think that’s public indecency…😁

Had a buddy leave the bar (couldn’t wait for the bathroom line), went out back in the alley, took a piss on a trash bag that ended up being an undercover police officer (homeless guys were getting beaten up). Arrested and charged with public indecency. 😳

Now if you meant to say I am pissed at Mincey, then we agree. 😎

I like the Titans offense under Kelly so far. If Tannehill can hit the open guys the Titans should have a good offense. It was really good under Arthur Smith for a few years too. decent in 21’ then completely terrible in 22’. Looking a lot better in 23’
I've not watched a single Titans play this year. When they drafted mayo boy, I gave up on them.

He also isn’t going to do anything to a coach that took an absolute mess to one game from a playoff appearance and #6 final ranking in less than 2 years. Heupel set the expectations for us. We know he can do it, but he’s built some equity in what he’s done.

There is some perspective in all of this.

If the fanbase is this combustible over a single loss now, wait till Texas and Oklahoma join and the league becomes even tougher.

Folks need to realize college football is changing and we need to get over losses much, much faster. I can't believe the hand wringing and questioning of coaches and the future of the program still going on, several days after an entirely predictable struggle in Florida for a young team missing multiple key pieces and breaking in a new QB. Goodness!
good post

The BCS era hyper-focused on perfection, and trained us that 1 loss is the end of the world.

In the playoff era, 2 losses will probably be fine. Similar to the NFL, you can lose a couple and still win it all.

I think that’s his point. It’s not reasonable to expect 2nd year guys to be contributors in a heavy-developmental position like OL, especially in the SEC, and that makes it hard to judge what Elarbee is bringing in from HS.

But Cooper started 8 games in his 2nd year under Elarbee.
Crawford in his first year here (was JuCo prior) appeared in 10 games in his first year under Elarbee
Mincey was in his 2nd year and saw 7 starts last season.
Spragginz started 12 games in his 2nd year and first under Elarbee

So you say that, but in both '21 and '22 we still had guys that were 2nd year starting and being contributors. So why aren't HIS guys he brought in from HS able to do it, when he's done it with Pruitt/Friend recruits that weren't as highly rated (except for Cooper)?

It’s because we looked so bad doing it. And more than that- we are boring. We aren’t interesting.

Take Colorado- they’re going to lose to Oregon. And probably by a decent amount. They’re outclassed to a man. But…they’ll be exciting. You’ll see flashes. You’ll see excitement. And this is a Colorado team last year that was worse than any team TN has ever fielded. Ever.

We just aren’t exciting. We have the same guys making the same predictable errors.

Make it stop.

What the f***?!

Dabo's dumb ass running onto the field ahead of his team to make it all about himself?! That's the stupidest nomination I've ever seen.

And USCjr and VT just play songs off the radio. They don't even have their own songs. Loserville. This is not even a competition.

I'd like to see our defense send the house more often. Why not? Embrace that we can't stop anyone anyway and try to create chaos. At worst the other team scores more often, at best we force some turnovers or make the other team play perfect down the stretch. They will make mistakes.

In 2021 and 2022 we just had to get the ball in our offense's hands and we knew that we would finish in the end zone more often than the other team.

If that means the defense has to look stupid, then so be it. I'd rather welcome the shootout than witness the slow death of our defense on every drive while the clock dwindles.

It’s because we looked so bad doing it. And more than that- we are boring. We aren’t interesting.

Take Colorado- they’re going to lose to Oregon. And probably by a decent amount. They’re outclassed to a man. But…they’ll be exciting. You’ll see flashes. You’ll see excitement. And this is a Colorado team last year that was worse than any team TN has ever fielded. Ever.

We just aren’t exciting. We have the same guys making the same predictable errors.

Make it stop.
Compare Colorado to UT under Heupel in year one. We were exciting. Now, we have a new QB and having to sustain success in a tougher conference. Not quite apples to apples. Wait and see what Deion is doing in year 3 without his son.

Reactions: screenthis
I'll do it for him. The Butch talk was a bunch of 🐴💩 🐪💩 🐂💩 🐈💩 🐕💩 and 🐖💩

My Man My Man Denzel GIF - My Man My Man Denzel My Man HD ...

Reactions: Orange.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back