Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the o-line is going to look solid once Mays gets back. Joe has shown some flashes when they let him throw it down the field and I expect him to do better when Mays is back. My main concern with Joe is that he can't keep the offense running at the tempo we're used to seeing.
I hope so, but I also worry that the season might go off the rails if we lose one of the next two, and it doesn’t sound like Coop will play until after the bye (we’ll see). Elarbee needs to earn his paycheck the next couple of weeks and find a way to put a serviceable group on the field until Mays is back ready to go.

Their OL recruitment has been bad. And it’s showing. Imagine this line without Spraggins and Campbell (if he goes pro)
I love this crap. On one hand, everyone is freaking out about how atrocious our offensive line is. However, Volnation posters can’t have a thought like that without simultaneously being concerned about those same offensive linemen, who are playing like crap, leaving early to go pro. 🙄

The Colorado St. Player that put the hit on Hunter...his family receiving death threats...good grief Harvey UpDyke line #1....

Death threats are uncalled for but it was dirty and he should have got his a$$ beat… initially I didn’t see it..so I went to sports center and of course they had it on.watching the replay…it was flat out bush league dirty because he was pissed..could have been targeting in my opinion because he was defenseless making a play for the ball/was almost blindsided.

Florida did the same thing against a soft zone in the first half. Tighter coverage in the second fixed it. Rattler is more dangerous than Mertz though.
I think you have to try to play up and force Rattler to beat you over the top while under pressure. He's got a couple receivers who can go up and get the ball, but he hasn't shown the ability to perform under pressure. If the defense sits back and plays soft, they'll get picked apart again. It's pretty clear that they play better when they can be aggressive. If you're going to get beat, at least get beat while being aggressive and not playing soft zone coverage. The best defenses are aggressive. I hate to borrow from Kirby Smart, but you can't be hunted...you have to go hunt.

I think you have to try to play up and force Rattler to beat you over the top while under pressure. He's got a couple receivers who can go up and get the ball, but he hasn't shown the ability to perform under pressure. If the defense sits back and plays soft, they'll get picked apart again. It's pretty clear that they play better when they can be aggressive. If you're going to get beat, at least get beat while being aggressive and not playing soft zone coverage. The best defenses are aggressive. I hate to borrow from Kirby Smart, but you can't be hunted...you have to go hunt.
I would say similar. Single high safety man coverage. Make Rattler prove he can consistently beat it.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
I feel bad for Spraggins because he's a good o-lineman but he's been surrounded by Crawford (who struggles on the right side) and Lane/Davis. Put Mays back at center and Mincey at tackle and the o-line looks a lot better...just have to avoid injuries and give some backups some hard coaching to get them to improve ASAP.
Mincey has to get out of the dog house and stop being a baby. He is much better than Crawford and sitting bench for his attitude. We need him to man up and play.

Bingo, straight press the receivers and blitz and collapse the pocket as quickly as possible

I would say similar. Single high safety man coverage. Make Rattler prove he can consistently beat it.
We typically double high regardless of opponent. South carolina has 0 run threat in terms of designed rb run plays, so playin double high will be fine. We played double high against fla the entire game. It made 0 sense bc mertz is trash and Florida philosophically likes to predominantly run the ball

Have to beat the roadrunners and USCjr… need to be 4-1. Kinda afraid Rattler will light us up.
Agree. Winning these next two is a must. But it’ll be very difficult to beat SC unless the defensive game plan is very different from last week. Really glad our next three games are at home.

I made the mistake of looking in, and I see you f'n dumarses are comparing Heupel to Butch...dang y'all are some stupid arse idiots.

Later...should've stayed out.

We are the best fanbase in sports..

We are the worst fanbase in sports...

Both are true.

Could have at least thrown in a 🐎💩 McGill!

We have reached this point a little earlier in the season than I would have hoped, but here we are....in every single thread.....

Jim Carrey No Food No Job GIF - Jim Carrey No Food No Job Dumb And Dumber -  Discover & Share GIFs

I love this crap. On one hand, everyone is freaking out about how atrocious our offensive line is. However, Volnation posters can’t have a thought like that without simultaneously being concerned about those same offensive linemen, who are playing like crap, leaving early to go pro. 🙄
Or maybe that Spraggins and Campbell are bright spots on an overall poor line due to Ollie, Karic, and Crawford getting perpetually whipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back