Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
·
29m
#Vols OC Joey Halzle said there's nothing about the operation of the Tennessee offense that would improve with Nico Iamaleava at QB right now because Joe Milton III is "operating at a really high level."
I just can’t…

I’m gonna bring this back up because I purposely avoided VN for a few days, so it’s probably already been discussed a lot. Hadden’s “tackle” attempt on their first TD is the worst attempted tackle I can ever recall seeing above the peewee level. He literally looked like he was trying NOT to knock him down. I’ve never seem anything like it. If I were his coach he would never see the field again on my team. That weak of an effort is inexcusable.

nobody should be talking about firing Heupel….. it is a huge concern that they feel like they need to flip their own roster with 11-12 transfers….Something is very wrong with that picture.
People need to decide if they want transfers or not. The complaint is the suggestion that they need that number (albeit something suggested by the media), and then when the off-season comes, people complain when this staff doesn’t take enough of them. It’s crazy how people want it both ways. All coaches try to upgrade their roster.

Come, on. Posting third hand rumors, especially of this type. This is ridiculous. Even if it is true, which I personally highly doubt, it does not need to be shared here. Lame.
i didn’t post it for drvenner…. i posted it for anyone interested bc i am concerned…. everything i read or hear leads to the assumption that there is a culture problem… A couple of days after the game i asked my person what was up with Joe bc they are friends… he said he didn’t know but he had talked to a guy in the facility(his friend) that said that he didn’t know what was up…. that the environment from the very beginning has been entirely different than the previous two seasons…. It was like half the team doesn’t care….. Take it for its worth…. everyone can decide to do with the info what they wish… I, personally, want all the info i can get…. i can figure out what i want to do with it.

Reactions: VolNash17
Sounds like the compromise needs to be that he plays against USCjr

I dont know much about hernias though.
I had a hernia last winter and the biggest danger, after surgery, is re-injuring the thing. No lifting for "X" weeks (depends on severity of injury & where it is.

OLs are trying to "lift" 300+ pound guys on every play.

People need to decide if they want transfers or not. The complaint is the suggestion that they need that number (albeit something suggested by the media), and then when the off-season comes, people complain when this staff doesn’t take enough of them. It’s crazy how people want it both ways. All coaches try to upgrade their roster.
we are all individuals… i want our recruits to be good by now and a few transfers to fill a few holes…12 if accurate is more than one whole side of the ball.

i didn’t post it for drvenner…. i posted it for anyone interested bc i am concerned…. everything i read or hear leads to the assumption that there is a culture problem… A couple of days after the game i asked my person what was up with Joe bc they are friends… he said he didn’t know but he had talked to a guy in the facility(his friend) that said that he didn’t know what was up…. that the environment from the very beginning has been entirely different than the previous two seasons…. It was like half the team doesn’t care….. Take it for its worth…. everyone can decide to do with the info what they wish… I, personally, want all the info i can get…. i can figure out what i want to do with it.

Which is exactly what we saw on the field Saturday night. I don't understand how anybody can dispute it. The effort in many positions stunk. How many posters on here noted then and now that something was off. That something would be team chemistry first and foremost, which translates into effort and competing at a high level on the field.

Hopefully it was a one off like USCe was last year.

Can’t do that. Recruiting will die. Big recruiting pitch is we had a lucky year last year and will suck again now. If we go 6-6 or 7-5, it would not be good for our recruiting. If Joe can’t get it done, you have to move to Nico and hope he can.
I think it depends.
Most expected us to take a step back, with this year sucking a strong start next season is a must.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I’m gonna bring this back up because I purposely avoided VN for a few days, so it’s probably already been discussed a lot. Hadden’s “tackle” attempt on their first TD is the worst attempted tackle I can ever recall seeing above the peewee level. He literally looked like he was trying NOT to knock him down. I’ve never seem anything like it. If I were his coach he would never see the field again on my team. That weak of an effort is inexcusable.
He should have to wear a scarlet letter

Reactions: LaagerVol
Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
·
29m
#Vols OC Joey Halzle said there's nothing about the operation of the Tennessee offense that would improve with Nico Iamaleava at QB right now because Joe Milton III is "operating at a really high level."
I checked last night and almost every post in the FF calls for Milton to be benched. They all ridiculously and monomaniacally cite their own take on a game two years ago as the reason. They have been proven right, you see. There are no other problems or shortcomings with the team, you see. HH would have put 60 on that defense with no blocking.

Never go full retard.

Last edited:
I think it is much more the OL that Joe. I'll have to stomach rewatching the game, but for the most part I didn't see all these open lanes that HH supposedly would have bolted through. Last year our tackles kicked people out and the guard held his block, so if the edges tried to run around the OT: there was the lane most often exploited. Florida was collapsing the pocket across the board and maintaining their lane discipline.
I didn't see that many opportunities to scramble for him. Maybe one or two other opportunities other than the one he did take?

Re-watching it was just ridiculous to me how costly the penalties were to our rhythm.

My biggest issue with coaching was not freaking QB sneaking it on fourth and one. Heuepl is an IDIOT for going out of the freaking shotgun. Coaches just can't get out of their own way sometimes.

we are all individuals… i want our recruits to be good by now and a few transfers to fill a few holes…12 if accurate is more than one whole side of the ball.
It has been discussed that the 2021? class didn’t up being good because Heupel was hired in January. I believe that’s part of the problem. Our OL class for 2024 is pretty good. Will need some time.

This place is so funny though. People complain about everything. I just read last week that we didn’t bring in enough transfers last year.

Which is exactly what we saw on the field Saturday night. I don't understand how anybody can dispute it. The effort in many positions stunk. How many posters on here noted then and now that something was off. That something would be team chemistry first and foremost, which translates into effort and competing at a high level on the field.

Hopefully it was a one off like USCe was last year.
yeah i hope they get it together

Reactions: VolNash17
Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
·
29m
What an idiotic statement by Hazle. The offense has absolutely not been running even close to a high level statement. While 2 things can be true that yes Milton didn’t operate the offense smoothly, it also wasn’t completely on him that it didnt either. But for the OC to just come out and say that he is operating at a really high level is straight boneheaded

Reactions: SoilVol
Random thought.

Is it possibly a hazard to facetime, on speakerphone - while walking to your terminal at an airport? I mean, you're yelling whilst walking. Obviously not paying attention.

I swear, some of us just werent meant to go out in public
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Good for you!!!!

What an idiotic statement by Hazle. The offense has absolutely not been running even close to a high level statement. While 2 things can be true that yes Milton didn’t operate the offense smoothly, it also wasn’t completely on him that it didnt either. But for the OC to just come out and say that he is operating at a really high level is straight boneheaded
It’s coach speak. Watching this staff over the last 3 years, they aren’t going to say the obvious if a player clearly isn’t executing well. They’re more pump up our players egos. It’s a different style but there’s many ways of attacking it

Not to rain on anyone’s opinion but many of our “voices” are being told what to say and get information from our staff to relay. They want some looking bad and building others up.

It’s easy to say the O line didn’t play well because you’re not throwing one player under the bus and can hide who you want to talk about. Or effort from some doesn’t oust some.

If you say the QB plays horrible, then it gets back to that player and makes everyone mad. Take their info with a grain of salt. Much like VQ notes on practice and then those players not being good.
LOL, whatever fits your narrative.

You’ve got to understand what drvenner is saying though. That post is third hand very subjective say so. I understand you’re just bringing it to the board but, “i asked my guy, who asked his guy what’s up and he says it’s weird.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back