Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked last night and almost every post in the FF calls for Milton to be benched. They all ridiculously and monomaniacally cite their own take on a game two years ago as the reason. They have been proven right, you see. There are no other problems or shortcomings with the team, you see. HH would have put 60 on that defense with no blocking.

Never go full retard.
There are multiple problems.
Joe Milton is one of them.

Both can be true. And are.

He makes a good target for a whole lot of women. Decent looking, has money and is dumb as hell.
Plus all the mayo you can eat!
Team America Vomit GIFs | Tenor

Reactions: knoxvol52
You can answer that question without saying Joe is operating at a really high level. No one buys that right now
It may be true that Nico at QB right now would not improve the offense.
And that would be a perfectly reasonable statement.

The rest just muddies the message and calls the entire delivery into question.

Reactions: LotteryPick
Also I know me personally I'm fairly objective in my thoughts of performance.

Joe Milton hasn't/isn't playing as well as Hendon Hooker. Objectively I can validate that statement with stats and numbers.

But when someone says he's playing "horrible" that's just a subjective opinion. I don't share it, and I can't really dispute it either because the person saying it has their own opinion of what "horrible" is.

The OL played bad, and objectively there are numbers to support that. The defense (in the first half specifically) was bad, again numbers support those.

The only player at this point in the season that I feel makes the OL better immediately is Mays returning, he is heavily involved with making sure the correct protections are called, that's not something that's on Joe it's the center's job in this system. On defense I can't really point to a single player having the same sort of immediate impact...I think collectively Banks is playing younger talent and will continue to do so and they'll improve from the experience as a unit.

I mean Elijah Simmons hasn't played a snap yet, so he could possibly make an immediate impact on the DL when he returns.
Pili out hurts a ton.
Elijah still learning and Perry falling the depth chart doesn’t help. That leaves 2 true freshmen as the main backups at lb. Easy to confuse and get lost.

We have a guy that’s 23 yrs old and in his 6th season checking with the sideline every play.

So it’s not a matter of age or seniority.
It’s a matter of capability, and trust.

Last year we ‘checked with me’ in the red zone.
This year it’s ‘check with me’ all up the field.
Volquest guys brought that up in their podcast. Said that Hooker was unbelievable at improvising and having a feel for the game. Many QB's don't . They said Milton kept starting audibles under 10 seconds left on the play clock. Sometimes you just need to trust the play for better or worse and run it with full intent and commitment. Maybe it gets you 80 yards, or maybe 2, but it won't cause penalties and busted assignments. It keeps you playing fast. Many defenses show things to have you check out of what you want. Then the defense goes back to what it was always going to do after you audible.

On the road, with big crowd noise, the fewer audibles the better.

If fans want Heupel and the offense to succeed, they need to get everything going on the OL. This team is built to withstand an average defense. The offense has to be elite however. Last year proved that.

Last edited:
Pili out hurts a ton.
Elijah still learning and Perry falling the depth chart doesn’t help. That leaves 2 true freshmen as the main backups at lb. Easy to confuse and get lost.
The comments about Pili are really nothing more than conjecture. He played just over a quarter of football for us against a really bad opponent. We don't really know how good he would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back