Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennessee

Blake-Burke-1024x538.jpg

2023 Record: 44-22 (16-14 in SEC)
2023 Finish: Lost in Omaha
D1Baseball Preseason Ranking: No. 9

Losing eight players to the MLB Draft was a blow for Tennessee, but they responded by being aggressive in the transfer portal. The lineup returners include Blake Burke, Christian Moore, Hunter Ensley and Dylan Dreiling, among others. Freshman Ariel Antigua is set to take over at shortstop, while a pair of transfers could instantly become key parts of the heart of the lineup. Former NC State catcher Cannon Peebles is here after hitting .352 with 12 home runs and 50 RBI as a freshman in Raleigh. He is joined by Clemson transfer third baseman Billy Amick, who hit .413 last year with 13 home runs and 63 RBI.

Chase Burns is no longer part of the pitching staff, as he transferred to Wake Forest. But Drew Beam is back as the ace, and he’s a great top option to have. AJ Russell and Zander Sechrist primarily pitched out of the bullpen last year, with Russell going 2-0 with a 0.89 ERA in 30.1 innings, and Sechrist 0-1 with a 2.05 ERA in 30.2 innings. Both could be ready to step into the rotation.

If Tennessee can solidify the rotation behind Beam, they’ll be in good shape. At the least, they’ll have a few options to pick from in the bullpen, with a tremendous lineup hopefully spotting them plenty of runs.

Tennessee

Blake-Burke-1024x538.jpg

Losing eight players to the MLB Draft was a blow for Tennessee, but they responded by being aggressive in the transfer portal. The lineup returners include Blake Burke, Christian Moore, Hunter Ensley and Dylan Dreiling, among others. Freshman Ariel Antigua is set to take over at shortstop, while a pair of transfers could instantly become key parts of the heart of the lineup. Former NC State catcher Cannon Peebles is here after hitting .352 with 12 home runs and 50 RBI as a freshman in Raleigh. He is joined by Clemson transfer third baseman Billy Amick, who hit .413 last year with 13 home runs and 63 RBI.

Chase Burns is no longer part of the pitching staff, as he transferred to Wake Forest. But Drew Beam is back as the ace, and he’s a great top option to have. AJ Russell and Zander Sechrist primarily pitched out of the bullpen last year, with Russell going 2-0 with a 0.89 ERA in 30.1 innings, and Sechrist 0-1 with a 2.05 ERA in 30.2 innings. Both could be ready to step into the rotation.

If Tennessee can solidify the rotation behind Beam, they’ll be in good shape. At the least, they’ll have a few options to pick from in the bullpen, with a tremendous lineup hopefully spotting them plenty of runs.
Would agree with every team except Iowa.

They play baseball in Iowa.?

Tennessee

Blake-Burke-1024x538.jpg

Did WF turn Burns into a starter or is he still coming out of the pen?

We will just have to agree to disagree and that is fine. It seems like your posts have been a little more negative lately, but that is also me being too critical. Anyway, I still like your baseball posts and tweets. Thanks for doing those.
Not at all…. probably just comes across that way bc of it being a message board…. I am probably one of the least negative people on this board. I don’t always agree/disagree with everything said or done. I will always love/support Tennessee though…! love this board and feel it is like a family. I love that we can discuss baseball, mayo, waffle house or anything else that come up on this page… My only complaint is that when discussing the Vols…. There seems to be only two sides…. all in or firing everyone…. There doesn’t seem to be much inbetween.

Goodness, that is alot of responsibility. Do you ever get to take a vacation? That's gotta be almost impossible to get anyone to watch over all those animals for you for any length of time.
Late reply. Yea, hard to go anywhere with all them critters, three horses, and two cows. Thank goodness for family that helps.

For anyone that needs it.

February 14, 2024: You will begin to see some progress in solving the most difficult of problems. I have opened the doors to solutions that you never could have imagined. In these days you will have to think outside the box of normalcy, but do not be afraid of the unfamiliar. I am with you to carry you through, says the lord. Trust Me. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
One of my favorite verses along with 2 Cor 5:21.

I once watched my Aunt’s cat catch a bird mid air, kill it and play with the dead corpse. Then immediately went inside and got in my Aunt’s bed, I didn’t have the heart to tell her what I just saw him do. Safe to say I’m a dog guy
On the flip side, I've never heard of anyone being mauled by a house cat.

I once watched my Aunt’s cat catch a bird mid air, kill it and play with the dead corpse. Then immediately went inside and got in my Aunt’s bed, I didn’t have the heart to tell her what I just saw him do. Safe to say I’m a dog guy
At least it was a fresh kill. I had an Alaskan Malamute that would dig up things I buried...like a groundhog, dead two weeks in the summer...and trot around with that prize in her mouth.

Sounds like something pat would say😂

View attachment 619870
Don’t know what else went on, but to her credit, they shoot 78% from the charity stripe on the year and in this game they shot 60. Could have just been a bad night but music during free throws is kinda low class and they make their season average and maybe win the game.

Wow it's almost like I DIDNT DEFEND IT

Just called it not that big of a deal WHICH IT ISNT unless you want to pearl clutch. Him freaking out and bumping him doesn't mean he's a bad person. Context and perspective exists. It's just easier for people give themselves a pat on the back because they're so perfect.

What about all the horrible things coaches and players have said to each other in the history of football? This one stands out because he accidentally bumped him??? Get freaking real people.

What about the fact that he apologized to Reid and Reid is cool about it? It's clearly NOT a big deal if the two people involved are less upset about it than Joe Schmo.
I wasn’t gonna respond but I will add a few of comments.

1. How is saying it isn’t a big deal not defending it?

2. Your name calling everyone barf inducing, sanctimonious hypocrites went beyond defending the situation, you went on the offensive. You attacked folks who had a different opinion about the situation than you have.

3. Pointing out poor behavior (which I actually didn’t do, just responded to your ironic holier than thou attack against others who had stated their opinion of the situation) doesn’t mean one thinks of themselves as perfect. Far from it. I’m ONLY saved by the Grace of God, and nothing about me, except him, is good. If no one ever calls out or corrects bad behavior, where does that leave us as a society?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back