Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all…. probably just comes across that way bc of it being a message board…. I am probably one of the least negative people on this board. I don’t always agree/disagree with everything said or done. I will always love/support Tennessee though…! love this board and feel it is like a family. I love that we can discuss baseball, mayo, waffle house or anything else that come up on this page… My only complaint is that when discussing the Vols…. There seems to be only two sides…. all in or firing everyone…. There doesn’t seem to be much inbetween.

Nuance can be missed in this format. If we can be honest with ourselves we should be able to admit this forum is mainly for homers. I don’t mean that as an insult too often. Recruiting is inherently optimistic unless Dooley is your coach. This area attracts the diehards that primarily have hope on the horizon. If you question or challenge that, in even the smallest way, you will draw fire. It’s why there are complaints when people from the main football forum appear here. “What’s their agenda? They must be a rival fan.” The football forum is the “fire everyone” area and this is the “All In” area. Reality usually lies in between and we should be able to discuss it without being upset.

Nuance can be missed in this format. If we can be honest with ourselves we should be able to admit this forum is mainly for homers. I don’t mean that as an insult too often. Recruiting is inherently optimistic unless Dooley is your coach. This area attracts the diehards that primarily have hope on the horizon. If you question or challenge that, in even the smallest way, you will draw fire. It’s why there are complaints when people from the main football forum appear here. “What’s their agenda? They must be a rival fan.” The football forum is the “fire everyone” area and this is the “All In” area. Reality usually lies in between and we should be able to discuss it without being upset.
That’s one take. ANOTHER could be seen as good things are happening, with more on the way and someone comes on the board with ANOTHER Basillio conspiracy update. Calling it “smart” doesn’t make it so. 😏

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't have a problem with it. I've always thought it was kind of funny that Kroger sold single bottles and cans of beer out of the fridge. As if everyone who bought those wasn't drinking them as soon as they got to their car.

But I also wouldn't expect this to have a single measurable impact on drunk driving in the state whatsoever. But doing things that have an actual positive impact seems to be an unattainable standard for lawmakers these days lol.

raw

We could continue this forever.
I’ll continue with facts that backup my point!
You continue with your point that just because they still won a super bowl means they haven’t slowed down. Which it doesn’t prove.
Maybe it proves the rest of the league has slowed down too, or they’re still the best but that’s not the discussion is it?

Reactions: LaagerVol
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't have a problem with it. I've always thought it was kind of funny that Kroger sold single bottles and cans of beer out of the fridge. As if everyone who bought those wasn't drinking them as soon as they got to their car.

But I also wouldn't expect this to have a single measurable impact on drunk driving in the state whatsoever. But doing things that have an actual positive impact seems to be an unattainable standard for lawmakers these days lol.
Alcoholics don't give a damn whether it's hot or cold.

Love seeing all the animal people on today. We've got 5 cats that adopted us and a part time indoor cat who recently decided our place was her home. Also a barn cat that decided our farm was his.

We too have a Great Pyranese and Anatolian mix.

Between them and the horses and goats and other farm animals we've not seen a vacation for 6+years and likely never will again ..... But I love it, I'm exhausted and broke but I'm happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back