Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is stupid. I don't drink beer (or alcohol) anymore, but everyone knows beer is best cold.
I imagine this will have zero effect on drunk driving, and will serve only to annoy responsible consumers or drive them to buy stronger alcohols that are better to drink at room temp.

Love seeing all the animal people on today. We've got 5 cats that adopted us and a part time indoor cat who recently decided our place was her home. Also a barn cat that decided our farm was his.

We too have a Great Pyranese and Anatolian mix.

Between them and the horses and goats and other farm animals we've not seen a vacation for 6+years and likely never will again ..... But I love it, I'm exhausted and broke but I'm happy!
Used to have a GP*Anatolean . Great Dog!

We now have 6 cats.
Put out plenty of food and go on vacation anytime. They take care of themselves pretty good.

Alcoholics don't give a damn whether it's hot or cold.
Is everyone who buys beer from a store or gas station an alcoholic? You ever bought beer from a gas station and immediately popped one open? I have in my past. I’ve never been an alcoholic. I doubt many people are too keen on drinking hot beer.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I imagine this will have zero effect on drunk driving, and will serve only to annoy responsible consumers or drive them to buy stronger alcohols that are better to drink at room temp.
Why would it annoy responsible consumers? A RESPONSIBLE consumer would be popping it open from the store and DRIVING home would they? So at that point, what does it matter if it’s cold?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Used to have a GP*Anatolean . Great Dog!

We now have 6 cats.
Put out plenty of food and go on vacation anytime. They take care of themselves pretty good.
My GP/A is the best dog I've ever had. Super smart and so quick to pick up on what you're asking him to do. He's a great part time guardian for our animals.

He comes in at night when everyone is stabled to enjoy family life.

Last edited:
No everyone who drinks and drives is THAT invested in it or that intentional about it. What is the need for selling it cold? What is the purpose?
A. If you’re in the driver’s seat and you grab a beer, how could that be any more intentional? Are people mistaking it for soda?

B. The purpose of selling it cold is so you can drink it as soon as you get to your destination. “Hey man, could you grab a sixer on your way here for the game?”

Why would it annoy responsible consumers? A RESPONSIBLE consumer would be popping it open from the store and DRIVING home would they? So at that point, what does it matter if it’s cold?
Because they want a cold beer when they get home, and they might not have any.

A. If you’re in the driver’s seat and you grab a beer, how could that be any more intentional? Are people mistaking it for soda?

B. The purpose of selling it cold is so you can drink it as soon as you get to your destination. “Hey man, could you grab a sixer on your way here for the game?”
I understand I don’t have a popular opinion regarding this subject. I’ve watched people destroy their lives, some very close to me, with alcohol. It isn’t a problem until it’s a problem, and by the time you realize it’s a problem, it’s too late. When someone close to you loses their life because of alcoholism, it tends to change your perspective on it.

Not everyone who drinks and drives is THAT invested in it or that intentional about it. What is the need for selling it cold? What is the purpose?
There's a freshness component to this as well, which seems to be overlooked. Keeping a beer cold maintains freshness longer, and prevents it from oxidizing. No one wants to drink old, stale beer. The difference can be months (if kept cold) or weeks (if not). That's a big deal, and can have an adverse effect on the retail shop if they aren't moving the product quickly.

Thats it ban cold beer sold in stores.

Instead of drinking one cold beer on way home, make individuals stop at local bar and drink 6 cold beers and then drive home.
Make? Gotta be pretty serious about your drinking if you either:

A. HAVE to have a cold one on the way home

or

B. HAVE to stop at the bar and drink 6 before driving home.

Is it possible to grab one or however many you want out of the fridge when you get home?

Reactions: OrangenSC
You ever popped one or more open on the road?
No. I won’t even drink as a passenger because I don’t want the driver to get in trouble, and I don’t want to get comfortable with the idea of drinking while in a vehicle.

I’m telling you, the knock-on effects of this bill will be worse than the positive impact it might have. I get the idea behind it, but you have to think it all the way through.

There's a freshness component to this as well, which seems to be overlooked. Keeping a beer cold maintains freshness longer, and prevents it from oxidizing. No one wants to drink old, stale beer. The difference can be months (if kept cold) or weeks (if not). That's a big deal, and can have an adverse effect on the retail shop if they aren't moving the product quickly.
Gonna go out in a limb and say they’re moving the product pretty quickly.

Again, I understand my opinion isn’t popular and that’s ok.

My GP/A is the best dog I've ever had. Super smart and so quick to pick up on what you're asking him to do. He's a great part time guardian for our animals.

He comes in at night when everyone is stabled to enjoy family life.
our chocolate lab, currently getting his nuts removed, guards the edge of my bed furiously. Just as Ive always moved in super slow motion, so does my spirit animal. Noise downstairs? Great, hope it isnt a burglar. Remote?! Damnit! Guess ill watch tv tomorrow. Chill.

No. I won’t even drink as a passenger because I don’t want the driver to get in trouble, and I don’t want to get comfortable with the idea of drinking while in a vehicle.

I’m telling you, the knock-on effects of this bill will be worse than the positive impact it might have. I get the idea behind it, but you have to think it all the way through.
Most everyone I know has, self included, in my younger days.

What are the effects gonna be?

Last edited:
Most everyone I know has, self included, in my you get days.

What are the effects gonna be?
I already told you. It’s clear you’re simply assuming this is going to achieve what it’s aiming to, without considering that it might also alter behaviors in ways that are counterproductive. All at the burden of people responsibly buying cold beer to consume once they get home.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Some beers MUST be kept cold or they will spoil quickly. And those are usually specialty beers that won’t sell fast.

So those will just be unavailable in the state.

Reactions: Kristy*
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back