Recruiting Football Talk VII

Some lifelong friends just gifted me 5 for UTSA(only way I could afford to take the whole family). Just offered em up out of the blue. My two youngest will get to experience their 1st official game at Neyland Saturday(have only been to the spring games). They are gonna lose their minds when I tell them!

Good guys by fiddy!
I still remember the first time I took my son to his first game and then granddaughter and now I’m waiting until my grandson is old enough to take him. There’s nothing like seeing their first time inside Neyland. Congratulations and feel free to post the pictures.

Some lifelong friends just gifted me 5 for UTSA(only way I could afford to take the whole family). Just offered em up out of the blue. My two youngest will get to experience their 1st official game at Neyland Saturday(have only been to the spring games). They are gonna lose their minds when I tell them!

Good guys by fiddy!
Awesome news. Experience of a lifetime for your family, especially your children. Teach em young to love the orange.
I'll be there as well, safe travels.

Just heard an insane stat by Hyamms about Milton in the Austin Peay game:

Tennessee had 228 passing yards that game, 210 of those were yards after catch.

That's terrible. Stats don't tell stories. Milton has NOT played well and I'm not sure he gets better. There is a reason Heupel isn't having Joe throw much further than the line of scrimmage.

I'm at the point where I don't think Joe should be benched yet... but if he doesn't do better soon, he's on the bench.

We likely won't be winning games because of Joe, but we are likely to lose games because of Joe.

Probably mentioned somewhere already, but does anybody know the injury specifics with Elijah Simmons? Dude can never get on the field.

Reactions: ugg

That's terrible. Stats don't tell stories. Milton has NOT played well and I'm not sure he gets better. There is a reason Heupel isn't having Joe throw much further than the line of scrimmage.

I'm at the point where I don't think Joe should be benched yet... but if he doesn't do better soon, he's on the bench.

We likely won't be winning games because of Joe, but we are likely to lose games because of Joe.
We should improve OL and Defensive play before considering benching him. It's possible that he plays better with decent protection and more drives per game.

Hope we can keep the recruits we currently have in the boat at this point. Need to to turn the corner and get our 'ish together and still make this season great. We have the talent, it just all has to be healthy and on the same page. Coaches better turn it up a freakin notch...

Heup better be scouting every single Mother- @#$%& ing OLineman in the transfer portal for next season with NIL bank teller open for business. We better see a new DC and DB coach at the end of the season as well and it better be a splash hire and not some "who dat?!"

We are heading in the right direction still, but a lot of people's faith in Heup has gotten a bit jumbled after the ill-prepared 'ish show last weekend. That was NOT supposed to happen.

Everyone have a good rest of the week.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

SEE--- this makes no sense... Everyone on here loving Heup and you can't speak ill will of the guy... But how can he go from last season (even having Hooker, knowing good and well what he has with Milton) and move into this season knowing Milton's limitations and not do something about it? He is the HC, he's not just stuck in like, "oh well, maybe he'll work out in the end"... It's his job and he gets paid a lot of money to have the best team possible take the field each week. Again, what did he think was going to happen? Did he not know at this point that Milton was just the same Milton? Fake it till you make it? So now all of a sudden he doesn't have faith he can throw a damn 10-15yd pass? HOW DID WE GET HERE from last season and the Orange Bowl to a beefed up JG and we are now throwing screens?

What is the difference between him playing against Vandy and Clemson last year?

What is the cause of this?

I agree it looks and feels way different but why??

He looked good and in control of those games making great throws down the field across the middle and vertical.

I hat gives?

We should improve OL and Defensive play before considering benching him. It's possible that he plays better with decent protection and more drives per game.
Every QB in America plays better with better o-line play.

We’re going to need to do something that mitigates our o-line play.

Bro, have you even seen his completion %?

I am going to say this again, but this is Heupel’s offense. Maybe you can nitpick a few plays here or there, but it is designed to get guys in space- either short with the ball or long with speed. Do you really think they won’t let Joe throw it deep after the Vandy and Clemson games last year? We scored on several long plays, and that is his strength.

Sure, Hooker may have thrown a few more medium passes, but it’s based on men in the box. That’s why I was interested to see how UF played the second half. They played deeper and let us run. They didn’t want to get beat deep on big plays. Joe may not be processing everything correctly, but this is how he is being taught. I attached an article on Heupel’s offense that was written around the time he was hired. They did seem to get a little more creative with sets some last year, and I was surprised that we didn’t see a gadget play or two. But that’s the offense.

Reactions: OrangenSC

It’s not all on Joe, he’s no Hendon Hooker for sure but this team has issues everywhere. Florida got their a$$ kicked at both lines Vs Utah team without 8/22 starters… UT’s OL, DB’s linebackers (exception being Beasley) and interior DL have been mediocre at best. Receivers improved Vs Florida so that’s good. RBs were ok with the crap situation. Joe is Joe. He isn’t going to wow you with football IQ but he’s just one of many issues. Luckily not all issues are exposed Vs certain teams. Neyland will be key in helping this team get crucial wins Vs USCe and A&M. All that matters right now is W’s to keep this momentum going.

VN Store

Back