Recruiting Football Talk VII

Hooker can throw on the run. Joe cannot. Joe just can't make something happen like a true gamer can. Everything has to be tidy and lined up perfectly for him to ball out... which he can do. But what I am saying is Joe will never get it done by his own merit, you're gonna have to serve it to him on a platter.

Milton threw a beautiful pass while on the run hitting Thornton in the hands. Unfortunately the perfectly executed pass was dropped.

Sometimes the narrative is just not true. Maybe he is not the best at scrambling, but he can still pass on the run.

Just heard an insane stat by Hyamms about Milton in the Austin Peay game:

Tennessee had 228 passing yards that game, 210 of those were yards after catch.

That's terrible. Stats don't tell stories. Milton has NOT played well and I'm not sure he gets better. There is a reason Heupel isn't having Joe throw much further than the line of scrimmage.

I'm at the point where I don't think Joe should be benched yet... but if he doesn't do better soon, he's on the bench.

We likely won't be winning games because of Joe, but we are likely to lose games because of Joe.
Last season Joe had the highest completion % of throws 30+ yards down field and 70% of his yards were air and not YAC. Something has changed

Just heard an insane stat by Hyamms about Milton in the Austin Peay game:

Tennessee had 228 passing yards that game, 210 of those were yards after catch.

That's terrible. Stats don't tell stories. Milton has NOT played well and I'm not sure he gets better. There is a reason Heupel isn't having Joe throw much further than the line of scrimmage.

I'm at the point where I don't think Joe should be benched yet... but if he doesn't do better soon, he's on the bench.

We likely won't be winning games because of Joe, but we are likely to lose games because of Joe.
Now tell me how many yards Joe would’ve had if the receivers didn’t drop the balls that hit them right in the hands.

Some lifelong friends just gifted me 5 for UTSA(only way I could afford to take the whole family). Just offered em up out of the blue. My two youngest will get to experience their 1st official game at Neyland Saturday(have only been to the spring games). They are gonna lose their minds when I tell them!

Good guys by fiddy!
Boom!

I am going to say this again, but this is Heupel’s offense. Maybe you can nitpick a few plays here or there, but it is designed to get guys in space- either short with the ball or long with speed. Do you really think they won’t let Joe throw it deep after the Vandy and Clemson games last year? We scored on several long plays, and that is his strength.

Sure, Hooker may have thrown a few more medium passes, but it’s based on men in the box. That’s why I was interested to see how UF played the second half. They played deeper and let us run. They didn’t want to get beat deep on big plays. Joe may not be processing everything correctly, but this is how he is being taught. I attached an article on Heupel’s offense that was written around the time he was hired. They did seem to get a little more creative with sets some last year, and I was surprised that we didn’t see a gadget play or two. But that’s the offense.
Sure you can say it again, there is an element of truth to it.

But we’re not throwing 46% of passes at the LOS because that’s “just what the defense is giving us”. It’s more than that.

Yooo welcome back! Glad to see Kaidon killing it wish he was still here.
I wish things would've been different especially the way Vol fans showed their support for his Dad. Now we wish he was closer and possibly playing with his brother at TCU. You just never know these days. Schools always find a way to gauge interest. Happens quite often honestly.

VN Store

Back