Recruiting Football Talk VII

Some lifelong friends just gifted me 5 for UTSA(only way I could afford to take the whole family). Just offered em up out of the blue. My two youngest will get to experience their 1st official game at Neyland Saturday(have only been to the spring games). They are gonna lose their minds when I tell them!

Good guys by fiddy!
Awesome.!! Have a fantastic time!!

Reactions: StoVol and KptVFL
Sure you can say it again, there is an element of truth to it.

But we’re not throwing 46% of passes at the LOS because that’s “just what the defense is giving us”. It’s more than that.
I watched the highlights of the Vandy and Clemson games, and I didn’t see a whole lot of difference. We ran well in the Vandy game and had a couple of nice runs against Clemson. We threw deep when we had the man matchup. There was the one semi-medium TD to Bru against Clemson where Milton shook off the safety. The medium TD to Keyton was with one high safety. There were multiple short throws. Against Clemson, 8 of 19 completions went for less than 10 yards. 15 of 19 went for less than 15 yards, and we know the ball didn’t travel that far in most of them. 2 of 19 went for 17+ yards.

I do believe that the OL makes a difference. Again, I’m not saying Joe is making all of the correct reads, but there isn’t a wide disparity between his games. People can shout it, but it hasn’t changed a whole lot for me.

i agree with most of that….. it wasn’t just one person though… i have read several times about different culture issues on the hill. We have already had the dreaded team meeting…. i have never seen that as a good sign… it usually means that there are deeper issues…

Hopefully Tennessee starts playing better and this will seem like a bunch of nonsense by the end of the year.
Funny, just last week Milton was being praised for calling a team meeting.

Reactions: drvenner
I watched the highlights of the Vandy and Clemson games, and I didn’t see a whole lot of difference. We ran well in the Vandy game and had a couple of nice runs against Clemson. We threw deep when we had the man matchup. There was the one semi-medium TD to Bru against Clemson where Milton shook off the safety. The medium TD to Keyton was with one high safety. There were multiple short throws. Against Clemson, 8 of 19 completions went for less than 10 yards. 15 of 19 went for less than 15 yards, and we know the ball didn’t travel that far in most of them. 2 of 19 went for 17+ yards.

I do believe that the OL makes a difference. Again, I’m not saying Joe is making all of the correct reads, but there isn’t a wide disparity between his games. People can shout it, but it hasn’t changed a whole lot for me.
Against Vandy, Milton completed 11 passes. 8 were for less than 10 yards. 1 was for 16, 1 was for 23, and 1 was for 61. 73% were short gains in the passing game.

I love the Vandy & Clemson games. I’ve watched them multiple times. He’s not the same.

This is a different team. And we’re not getting the same results.

I’d love 8 of 19 for “less than 10 yards” this year. Right now about 8 of 19 are at the LOS.

I love the Vandy & Clemson games. I’ve watched them multiple times. He’s not the same.

This is a different team. And we’re not getting the same results.

I’d love 8 of 19 for “less than 10 yards” this year. Right now about 8 of 19 are at the LOS.
Milton has attempted 36 throws Behind the LOS so far this year. Hooker attempted 47 and Milton attempted 13 last year

VN Store

Back