Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee is currently 7th nationally in the most recent financial data release (2022-23 athletics season) 202 million in revenue which was up almost 50 million from 2021-2022. Tennessee eclipsed Alabama in revenue for 2022-23 as well by 3 million 202-199… what a change of pace from the past. Only two sec teams currently ahead of Tennessee (currently awaiting A&M’s release) are Texas at 271 million and Georgia at 210 million…

Jon Stewart returned right back to form. Still hilarious and dropped truth on both sides.

Just as a late night comedian, really missed his presence.

And if you've never seen a bit of him, I fully suggest this intro to him:

I watched it yesterday because I don’t have cable. You never realize how much you missed someone until they’re gone. Having him back on air is just magical.

“It’s not like when you’re 88 you can start drinking and driving!” That opening monologue was perfection!

Jon Stewart returned right back to form. Still hilarious and dropped truth on both sides.

Just as a late night comedian, really missed his presence.

And if you've never seen a bit of him, I fully suggest this intro to him:

He’s talented but he’s so full of it in this video. Classic example of his “clown nose on, clown nose off” routine. He’s “just a comedian” until he wants to make a point, then we have to take him seriously. He really helped pioneer the sneering clapter style comedy that so characterizes our modern politics.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Water is vastly better
water-gatorade.gif

He’s talented but he’s so full of it in this video. Classic example of his “clown nose on, clown nose off” routine. He’s “just a comedian” until he wants to make a point, then we have to take him seriously. He really helped pioneer the sneering clapter style comedy that so characterizes our modern politics.
I mean he gets on this show and makes a mockery of Tucker and the other guy by calling out their BS, which is what he did nightly on the Daily Show. He’s not asking us to take him seriously, he’s quite literally doing what he always does. But the fact that he does it so well and in the process makes valid points is what set Jon Stewart above all others on late night, plus the fact that no one was safe. Stewart was arguably the most centric person on air. We need more Jon Stewarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back