Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally is real. I asked Copilot why she was called Sally and this is what she told me:

I apologize for any confusion, but as Microsoft Copilot, I am not specifically named Sally. However, I can provide information about another AI named Sally:

It's creators must be members here. 😂

Agreed. I just don't believe those steps will actually reduce drunk driving. As usual, politicians often don't actually address the root causes and real solutions.

Real solutions involve hard work and rarely get your name in the headlines. These pols just want us to think they're doing something. This guy will go back to his community and tell people "well I passed a bill to get drunks off the road," and that will be that. Of course, these laws don't stop the offenses and sometimes they can actually make things a lot worse but all the pols are thinking about is the next election.

If you really wanted to stop DUIs, well dangerous DUIs, you need to focus on the people who get a 2nd offense within 6mos and you order serious treatment, 3rd offense should be mandatory in-patient rehab. The problem is that while my solution here sounds good 1. there aren't many actual treatment centers or even out patient counseling centers 2. no one wants to fund mental health care and drug rehabilitation programs 3. finding in-patient rehab centers is difficult - there aren't enough beds to meet demand

I did criminal Justice for part of my ugrad and spoke to a guy in jail who couldn't have been more than 18-19 years of age. He was in for a minor offense and was to get out soon. I asked him about his release and he looked me dead in the eye and said, "I don't want to get out of jail." I asked him why. And he said, "As soon as I'm out I'll get back on drugs and it will kill me." I asked him about rehab and he shook his head and told me no facilities/no insurance. He was legitimately terrified of going home because he knew he'd go back to bad habits and that his were dangerous enough to kill him. That's a kid that should've been given court ordered in-patient rehab - a perfect candidate for treatment and rehabilitation.

I asked Co-Pilot to write me a Dark Brotherhood inspired story. She didn't even ask what I meant and came up with this:

Whispers in the Shadows

The moon hung low, casting elongated shadows across the cobblestone streets of Blackthorn. In this forsaken city, where secrets festered like wounds, the Dark Brotherhood thrived—a clandestine guild of assassins, bound by blood and whispered oaths.

Evelyn, a young woman with eyes as cold as the northern winds, had been chosen. The Night Mother’s voice echoed in her mind, urging her toward her first kill. She wore the black shroud of her order, its folds concealing daggers that hungered for crimson.

Her target: Lord Aldric, a corrupt noble who bathed in the suffering of the downtrodden. His manor stood atop a hill, its spires piercing the heavens like accusing fingers. Evelyn slipped through the iron gates, her breath a wraith in the frosty air.

The manor’s interior reeked of opulence—gilded mirrors, velvet drapes, and chandeliers dripping with crystal tears. Servants scurried like mice, their eyes darting, knowing whispers exchanged behind gloved hands. Evelyn moved silently, a wraith among the living.

She found Lord Aldric in his study, poring over parchments that bore the weight of his sins. His eyes widened as she stepped from the shadows. “Who are you?” he stammered.

“The blade,” Evelyn whispered, “knows no names.”

And with that, she struck—a dance of steel and shadows. Lord Aldric’s lifeblood spilled across the oak floor, staining it like a dark confession. His last breath carried secrets to the void.

But the Dark Brotherhood demanded more. Evelyn’s initiation was incomplete. She must now perform the Black Sacrament—a ritual that bound her fate to the Night Mother forever. She carved the unholy symbols into her flesh, the pain a baptism into darkness.

The Night Mother appeared—a wraith in tattered robes. Her voice, like wind through a graveyard, whispered, “Child of shadows, you are mine.”

Evelyn’s eyes met the voids where the Night Mother’s eyes should be. “What do you desire of me?”

The Unseen Hand,” the Night Mother replied. “A rival guild threatens our existence. Their leader, Silas Corvus, must die.”

And so, Evelyn embarked on her second journey—a path paved with treachery and deceit. She infiltrated the Unseen Hand, her blades finding throats in moonlit alleys. Silas Corvus, a man of cunning and cruelty, remained elusive.

But whispers spoke of a masquerade ball—a gathering of the wicked, where masks concealed sins and alliances shifted like smoke. Evelyn donned a porcelain mask, her eyes hidden behind midnight silk. The ballroom pulsed with decadence, and Silas danced with a masked beauty.

Evelyn’s blade slid between Silas’s ribs, and he gasped, eyes widening in recognition. “You,” he choked, blood staining his lips.

“Yes,” she whispered. “The Unseen Hand shall be severed.”

As Silas crumpled, Evelyn stepped back into the shadows. The Night Mother’s voice echoed, colder than death itself. “Your debt is paid, child. Now, become the darkness.”

And so, Evelyn vanished, her name erased, her soul bound to the Dark Brotherhood. She became Nocturna, the unseen blade—the embodiment of whispered vengeance in a world where shadows held sway.

And in the heart of Blackthorn, the moon wept for lost souls, and the Dark Brotherhood thrived, its whispers echoing through eternity. 🗡️🌙✨

And in the heart of Blackthorn, the moon wept for lost souls, and the Dark Brotherhood thrived, its whispers echoing through eternity. 🗡️🌙✨

When this guy has to be your Jiminy Cricket, you should probably take some time to reevaluate who you are.

View attachment 619995
Also, just went and watched their segment on this. Both said it's unacceptable to lose control of emotions like that and he hopes to do better going forward.

That's good to hear. Move on and move up.

I asked Co-Pilot to write me a Dark Brotherhood inspired story. She didn't even ask what I meant and came up with this:

Whispers in the Shadows

The moon hung low, casting elongated shadows across the cobblestone streets of Blackthorn. In this forsaken city, where secrets festered like wounds, the Dark Brotherhood thrived—a clandestine guild of assassins, bound by blood and whispered oaths.

Evelyn, a young woman with eyes as cold as the northern winds, had been chosen. The Night Mother’s voice echoed in her mind, urging her toward her first kill. She wore the black shroud of her order, its folds concealing daggers that hungered for crimson.

Her target: Lord Aldric, a corrupt noble who bathed in the suffering of the downtrodden. His manor stood atop a hill, its spires piercing the heavens like accusing fingers. Evelyn slipped through the iron gates, her breath a wraith in the frosty air.

The manor’s interior reeked of opulence—gilded mirrors, velvet drapes, and chandeliers dripping with crystal tears. Servants scurried like mice, their eyes darting, knowing whispers exchanged behind gloved hands. Evelyn moved silently, a wraith among the living.

She found Lord Aldric in his study, poring over parchments that bore the weight of his sins. His eyes widened as she stepped from the shadows. “Who are you?” he stammered.

And with that, she struck—a dance of steel and shadows. Lord Aldric’s lifeblood spilled across the oak floor, staining it like a dark confession. His last breath carried secrets to the void.

But the Dark Brotherhood demanded more. Evelyn’s initiation was incomplete. She must now perform the Black Sacrament—a ritual that bound her fate to the Night Mother forever. She carved the unholy symbols into her flesh, the pain a baptism into darkness.

The Night Mother appeared—a wraith in tattered robes. Her voice, like wind through a graveyard, whispered, “Child of shadows, you are mine.”

Evelyn’s eyes met the voids where the Night Mother’s eyes should be. “What do you desire of me?”

The Unseen Hand,” the Night Mother replied. “A rival guild threatens our existence. Their leader, Silas Corvus, must die.”

And so, Evelyn embarked on her second journey—a path paved with treachery and deceit. She infiltrated the Unseen Hand, her blades finding throats in moonlit alleys. Silas Corvus, a man of cunning and cruelty, remained elusive.

But whispers spoke of a masquerade ball—a gathering of the wicked, where masks concealed sins and alliances shifted like smoke. Evelyn donned a porcelain mask, her eyes hidden behind midnight silk. The ballroom pulsed with decadence, and Silas danced with a masked beauty.

Evelyn’s blade slid between Silas’s ribs, and he gasped, eyes widening in recognition. “You,” he choked, blood staining his lips.

As Silas crumpled, Evelyn stepped back into the shadows. The Night Mother’s voice echoed, colder than death itself. “Your debt is paid, child. Now, become the darkness.”

And so, Evelyn vanished, her name erased, her soul bound to the Dark Brotherhood. She became Nocturna, the unseen blade—the embodiment of whispered vengeance in a world where shadows held sway.

It's pretty impressive what it can do with minimal prompts.

No, no...not A Super Bowl...BACK TO BACK Super Bowls. Don't go getting the FACTS wrong.

This is what was said...

To the original point of @vols 30
Just because they're not scoring what they did whenever Hill was there (don't have to...leaning on a better defense), doesn't mean they're slowing down; and, the biggest FACT of them all to prove THAT point, is they are back to back Super Bowl champions. With that being a fact, who gives a sh!t if they're not scoring as many points?? They still had the 9th best offense in the NFL (fact)...which, again, was fast enough to lead them to another title.

Again, to @vols 30 original point, as long as Patrick Mahomes is there, and in his prime, along with Travis Kelce, they're not slowing down.

Now, you're right, you can continue looking foolish forever, talking about back to back CHAMPIONS slowing down, or...

Keep faith, man...if forever, one day you'll eventually be right.
None of that makes me look foolish, and none of that backs up your point of view about not slowing down.
Facts: 2020 KC, 6 in NFL in points
2021: KC , 4th in points
2023: KC 15th in points.

The original post mentioned trading Hill, a WR
To bad you don’t comprehend the post was referring to offense , but continue you’re crusade of ignorance and looking foolish.

Another fact: I don’t give a sh*+ about how stupid you’re making yourself look

It's pretty impressive what it can do with minimal prompts.

It probably helps that I have ESO installed on this PC and plenty of TES stuff in my search history (and she pulled from ESO lore a bit) but it's still impressive she didn't need to ask for clarification. I felt that was obscure enough but with generic enough terms that she would but she didn't need to. And since she is "co-pilot"" I think I'm going to call her Amelia.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
It probably helps that I have ESO installed on this PC and plenty of TES stuff in my search history (and she pulled from ESO lore a bit) but it's still impressive she didn't need to ask for clarification. I felt that was obscure enough but with generic enough terms that she would but she didn't need to. And since she is "co-pilot"" I think I'm going to call her Amelia.
The thing I find most weird is that it will give you much better results if you're nice & polite to it.

Whispers in the Shadows

Co-Pilot finally went universal?

And to think it was only a selectively (Fortune 500s iirc) tested program a year ago.

Now waiting to see it tied to all of Office and delve into symantic indexing across company networks. Should be an interesting time-saving tool.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Since we’re banning stuff we need to outlaw drive thru windows. You can’t just cook something at home? So now I have to dodge you in traffic while you’re distracted driving to wolf down that chicken sandwich and milkshake? Not only are you killing yourself with garbage food choices, but you’re endangering others with your reckless driving because you can’t be patient and just cook at home. If they’re gonna sell those fast food sandwiches to feed your glutinous food addiction they should at least be frozen so you don’t eat them until you get home.
Let’s also ban dogs running free in cars too.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back