Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's name is Sally. (Not really but that is the name I am using to tell this story).

Sally likes to time getting dinner ready with me arriving home from work. I love her for that. I am really bad about telling her when I am getting close, though. Yesterday, she asked me if I would just call her when crossing the bridge. I told her I would try to remember, but it is a very weird request. I would rather just keep calling her Sally.

My wife's name is Sally. (Not really but that is the name I am using to tell this story).

Sally likes to time getting dinner ready with me arriving home from work. I love her for that. I am really bad about telling her when I am getting close, though. Yesterday, she asked me if I would just call her when crossing the bridge. I told her I would try to remember, but it is a very weird request. I would rather just keep calling her Sally.
200w.gif

1708006829838.gif

Don’t you want your food on time and hot!?!? Come on mannnn

Reactions: drvenner

Eric Clapton says tell Sally to lay down.

We see it as fans at every level.

ETSU's last game at home. I have never seen more traveling in a game in my life. Really, no joke. The JC youth B9-10 had less traveling. Our guys would drive inside, get hammered. OTT, hard fouls.

We drive the length of the court and get a ticky tack foul on an offensive rebound. The away team is in the bonus by 4 minutes into second half. It defies logic.
Was you at ETSU when Mr.Jennings and Calvin Talford was on the team🧐

Have to disagree here. Nobody EVER has any business getting behind the wheel while under the influence. I have no sympathy for anyone who does. There are too many easy ways to avoid it.

The real purpose of these laws is to PREVENT accidents and harm to others, not just punish those who already have harmed. Waiting until after the harm is too late.
IMHO, a society needs to be careful when defaulting to punishing the responsible in order to prevent the irresponsible. My hackles always go up with the excuse of "ForTheChildrens" or "If just one life...". Quite often, it's an invitation to give up personal rights based on emotion, as opposed to logic and reason. It's a shortcut debate.

(Note: I'm not necessarily claiming that the purchase of cold beer singles is an inaliable human right.)

If you notice, Adams makes the majority of his calls on drives to the basket and probably 90% of them he calls the foul on the D regardless of what happens. No consistency at all with the rest. He is bad as a ref, much worse as a crew chief. He has publicly bragged about calling the games as the rules are written, then does not call the T on Buzz Williams as the rule is clearly written in front of the whole world of basketball. Totally dismissive at what happens on and off the court. It is what he believes or wants it to be. Probably never made a 3 second or palming the ball call in his life.

I honestly don't know how guys like him can look at themselves in the mirror and not vomit.

Add in the Mobile, AL factor and there you have it. I hope he gets tossed out of reffing SEC games just like TV Teddy. CRB holds some sway and is respected nationally being on the rules committee. Maybe it can happen.

I understand Pat Adams is a horrendous official, though CRB should say guys we know how Adams lets us play . Adjustment to refs is just as important as adjustments to other teams offensive attack.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I understand Pat Adams is a horrendous official, though CRB should say guys we know how Adams lets us play . Adjustment to refs is just as important as adjustments to other teams offensive attack.

That's the thing. You can prepare and adjust to a consistent referee. Pat Adams is deliberately inconsistent.

The problem is Adams will adjust to your adjustments in a huddle with his crew and plot new inconsistent ways to screw up the game for the coaches, players and fans.

Steve Wilks fired from 49ers DC position, getting the blame for the loss.

Also the QB everyone said was horrible is now projected as a top 15 pick in draft . J.J. McCarthy..
All the experts said Will Levi's was the next generational QB in the NFL draft and he was barely better than Malik Willis. Experts are morons in many cases.

All the experts said Will Levi's was the next generational QB in the NFL draft and he was barely better than Malik Willis. Experts are morons in many cases.
Guessing game just like a Weather Forecaster..

Also Titans fans shouldn't give up on Mayo so quickly, he was a Rookie last season.

Last edited:

Googled well okay gif, was not disappointed - GIF - Imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back