Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, a society needs to be careful when defaulting to punishing the responsible in order to prevent the irresponsible. My hackles always go up with the excuse of "ForTheChildrens" or "If just one life...". Quite often, it's an invitation to give up personal rights based on emotion, as opposed to logic and reason. It's a shortcut debate.

(Note: I'm not necessarily claiming that the purchase of cold beer singles is an inaliable human right.)

Article the tenth... Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted, including hot beer at the Pilot.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Levis got a first round grade for a reason. If it was really how you are describing it, he never would have shown up for the 1st day of the draft.

I do think fans hated on Levis, not just Vols fans. But fans tend to value on field results may more than GMs and scouts do. sometimes the fans are right. Blaine Gabbert and Mitch Trubisky come to mind. And sometimes they are wrong. Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes come to mind.

The fact that Levis is entering next year as the day 1 starter has already proven the hater Vol fans wrong lol. Time will tell. Pick still looks good a year later.
Does it speak to "the hater Vol fans" being wrong, or does it speak to how bad off the Titans are? I don't think we really have the answer to that yet.

It would be nice to add some proven recruiters, but being realistic, I don't expect that to happen.

Does it speak to "the hater Vol fans" being wrong, or does it speak to how bad off the Titans are? I don't think we really have the answer to that yet.
If the Titans wanted to pursue a starting QB in free agency they could do that. And that doesn't really have anything to do with how bad they are. Levis was a 2nd round pick. They could put him right back on the PS and no one in the organization would bat an eye at that from a draft capital standpoint.

But they are moving forward with him as the starter. I think that speaks to the fact that he was probably the 2nd best rookie QB on the whole last year. Accounting for his atrocious protection. I don't think anybody is taking Bryce Young over Will Levis in 2024. And so yeah. The fact that this is where we find ourselves proves the Vol hater fans wrong.

Not that it will stop them from claiming to be right. Will Levis could have an identical career to Josh Allen and @Glitch would say he called it correctly if he never wins a Superbowl.

The quoted Hubbs post in the FF thread makes it seem like they'll leave the LB hire up to Banks.

Reactions: DD4ME
If the Titans wanted to pursue a starting QB in free agency they could do that. And that doesn't really have anything to do with how bad they are. Levis was a 2nd round pick. They could put him right back on the PS and no one in the organization would bat an eye at that from a draft capital standpoint.

But they are moving forward with him as the starter. I think that speaks to the fact that he was probably the 2nd best rookie QB on the whole last year. Accounting for his atrocious protection. I don't think anybody is taking Bryce Young over Will Levis in 2024. And so yeah. The fact that this is where we find ourselves proves the Vol hater fans wrong.

Not that it will stop them from claiming to be right. Will Levis could have an identical career to Josh Allen and @Glitch would say he called it correctly if he never wins a Superbowl.
I don't think he's proven he's any good yet. Sure, the Titans have decided to go with him. So what? GMs and coaches have been wrong before. Maybe he proves us "hater Vol Fans" wrong, but he hasn't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back