Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean-Mary got a great package from Michigan, UT made an effort to keep him, but he chased the money. CJH likes to promote from within and he has that option, so UT wasn't going to get in a bidding war in this particular situation. They'll take the buyout and move on.
Chop?

Which is better? PS5 or xbox?
I have a Xbox series x, simply because all my other friends have it, but it depends on whoever you ask, ps5 users will say ps5 is better, xbox users will say xbox is better. Its honestly the same performance for sports games, but anything else ps5 or pc would be better if im being honest

Jean-Mary got a great package from Michigan, UT made an effort to keep him, but he chased the money. CJH likes to promote from within and he has that option, so UT wasn't going to get in a bidding war in this particular situation. They'll take the buyout and move on.
You can only do that so many times, especially in the SEC and with recruiting... That answer/option is getting old...who do we have from "within" that has years of experience coaching RB's , played RB, or has coached LB's for years, or has been a LB themselves, all at a high level/D-1 level? Never mind recruited that position group specifically at a high level?

I know folks will say he wants to keep the current staff in place, keep the same culture... Well, for one, our coaches are leaving, at least 3-4 from the original staff, and two, we all see just about every other upper level program upgrading, firing, and hiring and they seem to be doing just fine and even raising their game.

At some point "promoting from within" doesn't work and we need to step up... If a high tier RB or LB recruit at this point is looking at several schools along with us, and the other schools have proven, seasoned, coaches at their position, some who have played that position at a D-1 level or pro, I highly doubt they will give us a serious look when their potential position coach would be a grad assistant or has little experience at the D-1 level/you'd have to google where he's coached or played...

example-- (and for example purposes only)
"Hi, I'm Cadillac Williams and I'd like you to come and play RB for me and the University of .......... I'll develop you, I've been there and played at the highest level, and will get you drafted..."

"Hi I'm Joe Blow and they promoted me to RB's coach. I'd like you to come to the University of Tennessee and I'll coach you and we'll see what happens! No, I've never even played RB at the D-1 level, but I'll coach you up!"

Hopefully we get out there and find an experienced coach or two who can RECRUIT in the SEC.

JMO--- ;)

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back