Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering the fact that we've been senior and junior heavy on dline the last couple seasons that position is obviously different. LB we've stayed thin since he arrived. Just saying last 3 classes he's landed 9 LBs and only one was top 15 at that position. No I'm not a star gazer. Telander, Smith, Carter and Spillman those guys are dudes. You act like I'm bashing BJM. Read original post. Just stated that we can recruit better at that position. That's all
@Shadowboxer apparently I have. You just missed this part of the conversation.

Hate to see BJM go, he made due with a really rough LB room his first couple of years here.

With that said, I like what I've read about coach Chop as a recruiter, but don't think he's ever coached linebackers. I'm not sure Heupel signs off on a defensive coach being hired who's never coached the position. No doubt, Tim Banks will have big-time say in this hire.

I only ever hope the extra NCAA scrutiny doesn't make people choose jobs they otherwise wouldn't.
Hilarious that one could even think that, when BJM is going to Michigan, which has 3 or 4 separate investigations ongoing.

Oh, but you said NCAA "scrutiny," not NCAA "cover up snd stall job to get them a trophy." Enabling and protection based on favored program status is not scrutiny. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back