Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's put this Shaq vs. Wilt thing to bed (Wilt put 10,000 to bed btw), Wilt would have have eaten Shaq's lunch and pissed on his supper. I don't care if you put the Wilt-era Wilt against the Shaq-era Shaq, Wilt would tear Shaq up. Neither one could hit a free throw though.
Psssh, 10,000 that was a slow month for "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair..

Correct, and people are crapping on her for it, just as they’d have crapped on her if she hadn’t given.
I'm not sure anyone's "crapped on her" as much as not fawning to lick her shoes over it. A bit of an exaggeration?

The OP for this topic was "Hey all you people that don't like her, what do you think of the $100,000 donation?"

My perspective here is that she's not well liked by some because she's over-saturated beyond her market and people are just tired of seeing her. I'm not sure a "you should like her because she's made public that she's donated" post is going to fix that.

Maybe further saturating us isn't the best way to fix the oversaturation issue? Maybe, if it was a private act of selfless help with no agenda, it should be kept private.

Maybe don't take other people's ambivalence to a bubble-gum kids entertainer so personally? We don't care much about the guy in the Barney suit either, and if he tells us how much he's donated, we figure that's his reward--that everyone knows about it.

Last edited:
We have two positions open on our football coaching staff. Baseball season starts tonight. We have a basketball game tomorrow. And we're waiting on a ruling for our lawsuit against the NCAA.

And y'all are talking about Taylor Swift.
IMG_5298.gif
she gone haunt your dreams

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
We have two positions open on our football coaching staff. Baseball season starts tonight. We have a basketball game tomorrow. And we're waiting on a ruling for our lawsuit against the NCAA.

And y'all are talking about Taylor Swift.
Nevermind.

Last edited:
Think you're downplaying Wilt's size and physicality a bit here. There are plenty of stories about Wilt bullying people on the court.

That's a mid-50s Wilt next to young Shaq and Ewing.

Wilt wasn't just taller than Shaq, he was broader too. And vastly, VASTLY more athletic. Wilt is probably the greatest pure athlete the NBA has ever seen given his height and size. The biggest knock on Wilt is similar to the one on Shaq in that he wasn't as ferociously competitive as most of the other greats.

Wilt was a freak. His games vs Kareem were epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back