Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure anyone's "crapped on her" as much as not fawning to lick her shoes over it. A bit of an exaggeration?

The OP for this topic was "Hey all you people that don't like her, what do you think of the $100,000 donation?"

My perspective here is that she's not well liked by some because she's over-saturated beyond her market and people are just tired of seeing her. I'm not sure a "you should like her because she's made public that she's donated" post is going to fix that.

Maybe further saturating us isn't the best way to fix the oversaturation issue? Maybe, if it was a private act of selfless help with no agenda, it should be kept private.

Maybe don't take other people's ambivalence to a bubble-gum kids entertainer so personally? We don't care much about the guy in the Barney suit either, and if he tells us how much he's donated, we figure that's his reward--that everyone knows about it.
You seem a touch defensive here. I didn’t take it personally. I don’t listen to her music or think much about her one way or the other. I just think it’s funny how mad she makes some people no matter what she does or doesn’t do.

We have two positions open on our football coaching staff. Baseball season starts tonight. We have a basketball game tomorrow. And we're waiting on a ruling for our lawsuit against the NCAA.

And y'all are talking about Taylor Swift.
Speaking of coaching vacancies......

I'm pretty sure I saw John Gruden and Al Wilson eating lunch together at the Steamboat on Central Ave today. They split a large sandwich (the Steamboat) and each had a bowl of broccoli cheese soup. Al Wilson had extra exciter sauce on his half. I'm not positive but it sounded like they were discussing the open RB and LB coaching positions at UT. I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. I know we've been down this road before but this time really feels different.

TIFWIW

#soon

GO VOLS

Last edited:
And Heard too. Elarbee can cruit.
I know NIL plays a big part, as well as playing time, etc. . . I wonder how much having a QB like Nico influences them? I imagine it's a lot. A superstar performance by the QB is gonna bring A LOT of attention to those who're protecting him.

Throw in Merk & MacIntyre and Elarbee should have the attention of the very best O-lineman for the next several years.

Re: Taylor Swift:

If she doesn’t give, she’s selfish and greedy because she can afford to give and how dare she not.

If she does give, she’s selfish and greedy because she’s only doing it to build her brand and she could’ve given so much more.
Why not just give anonymously?

I could see him as a candidate, but I thought AP said they wanted young and hungry guys. Jancek strikes me as the opposite of that in all ways. He's been an analyst in his last 2 stops.
He’s apparently now the defensive line coach at LSU. In hindsight, he was a solid DC and would think would be a good position coach. The 4th down plays at UF just stick in our minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back