Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other aspect of this is that the publicity could be a good thing in that encourages her fans to donate.
I can respect the donation considering this. She does currently have local ties to the situation and her donation publicity could drive more donations.

I'm more put off when they donate to some random incident that they have virtually no ties to then publicize it like crazy.

Reactions: screenthis
Speaking of coaching vacancies......

I'm pretty sure I saw John Gruden and Al Wilson eating lunch together at the Steamboat on Central Ave today. They split a large sandwich (the Steamboat) and each had a bowl of broccoli . Al Wilson had extra exciter sauce on his half. I'm not positive but it sounded like they were discussing the open RB and LB coaching positions at UT. I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. I know we've been down this road before but this time really feels different.

TIFWIW

#soon

GO VOLS
I know a guy who knows a realtor's secretary that said that somebody is looking at buy a property in/around the Knoxville area. TIFWIW...

I remember when he first started getting really popular. They always talked about his shoe size. I guess, as soon as he turned pro, the shoe company made a big deal of it. . . Reebok? . . anyway, footlocker, champs, etc had showroom models of his giant shoe.

Edit:
View attachment 620274
I remember that and another guy. May have been Shawn Bradley. Both had shoe sizes in the 20s.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Idk, I just saw the one posted earlier. I thought it was from today.
Nope. 18th hole yesterday. He said his back just locked up on him and didn’t turn well on that shot. He actually was swinging really well during this tournament, but he wasn’t scoring well because his short game (chipping and pitching around the greens and putting) were really rough. If he tightens up his short game, which is usually a strength for him, he could at least contend. I’ve been surprised how good his ball striking has been.

That's nice. I hate to sound cynical but it's also .01% of her wealth and a tax write off. It'd be like me handing you a quarter.
Is it a charity already? Then ok..she's donating 60k...

Otherwise just a gift, a part of estate tax exemption.

The utilitarian end here is...the family ends up with $100k to help with funeral expenses, the childrens' future, etc.

A cynic would declare there's no such thing as a good act, only selfish ones. Which makes ethics moot - ends mean nothing apparently. Hope I'm never that much a nihilist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back