Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at all the passes for the past 2 hours the only real difference is the passes 10 yards and less and screens. Last year we threw ALOT more between 1-10 yards, this year we’re throwing far more behind the LOS and a lot more designed screens. Not a big difference on passes 20+ down field and in between 11-20 yards down field. We’re motioning the same, same amount of play actions, same downfield concepts. We run more RPO’s now, but not enough to make a huge difference about 2 more per game.

It’s interesting for sure
This is what I was referring to. I really don’t differentiate between a pass at the LOS and a pass 2 yards beyond. They are all wide into space. Bru caught a pass in the Clemson gave that was 2-3 yards beyond the LOS and bullied his way for an 11 yard gain. Some of the same things we are doing. Just all my opinion.

We got stuck in neutral against Clemson but won. Against Vandy, we ran for a thousand yards.

Reactions: Vols4us
Great point…hitting the deep ball opens up the screen plays…this years coordinator is doing the opposite…so I’m going to label it as he’s not Golesh.
I didn't want to say it, but I've been thinking it. . . Halzle's inexperience as an OC is showing up in the play calls. Would be nice if Heupel just turned down Halzle's microphone and called the plays without suggestions. I'd like to see that and make light speed a priority for a couple quarters. I bet we look A LOT better.

I didn't want to say it, but I've been thinking it. . . Halzle's inexperience as an OC is showing up in the play calls. Would be nice if Heupel just turned down Halzle's microphone and called the plays without suggestions. I'd like to see that and make light speed a priority for a couple quarters. I bet we look A LOT better.
I agree

I've been thinking, and I believe the Wooers should be forced to wear a Crimson W. We need to mark them, so we know who has brought about our bad times. It is up to us non-wooers to set things right again.
Wooing is defiantly the cause of our season being ruined. Wooers should be ashamed.

Shame Got GIF - Shame Got Game Of Thrones - Discover & Share GIFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back